logolong

Intimacy in Our Marriage Q&A

More
3 months 1 week ago #73259 by Able_Here_Team
Shane Burcaw (he/him) is the author of several award-winning books about disability. He is the President of a nonprofit organization called Laughing At My Nightmare, and a renowned public speaker who has performed across the country at places such as Harvard University, The University of Florida, The University of Connecticut, Princeton University, and many more. Hannah Burcaw (she/her) graduated from Carleton College, where she studied Sociology and Anthropology. She films and edits the “Squirmy and Grubs” vlog, which has over 1,000,000 subscribers on YouTube. Hannah has spoken at prestigious universities and Fortune 500 companies alike about the realities of ableism. On her popular Instagram account, she advocates for acceptance of all people and works to improve the way society thinks about disability. Shane and Hannah have been together for over four years. They got married in September of 2020 in the midst of a global pandemic in their backyard, with their officiant conducting the ceremony via Zoom. Their interabled relationship often confuses people, because much of society still cannot fathom people with disabilities being involved in loving, intimate relationships. Anyone who watches these episodes will quickly see their relationship is just as “normal” as any other. Sure, Hannah helps Shane use the bathroom and brush his teeth, but those activities do not detract from the emotional, intellectual, and physical connection they experience together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #73262 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic in Our Marriage Q&A
I saw for myself when I was in hospital mid December that a lot of elderly people who needed carers at home were having to stay in bed and they clased them as bled bed blockers so that was hard to see the fact that there isn't enough carers at the moment to actually go around for the people who need care at home also my sister who works in a private care home has said that a lot of NHS carers are now leaving to go to private cares so that they get more money doing the job that the NHS job does so at the moment there are not enough carers to go round for the people who need care at home I also saw this with my own grandmother who has got serious dementia and needs carers that there wasn't enough carers to look after she was only getting a couple in the day one in the morning one in the evening and for no more than 10 minutes at a time so sadly due to the NHS and the lack of money there are no nuts and of carers to look after people who need care

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #73338 by Garryb10
Replied by Garryb10 on topic in Our Marriage Q&A
same in australia there arnt enough carers anywhere and the pay has been terrible for years people avoid it
they have in last few months increased their wages but still not good
lots of the medical problems in this country is the government doesnt seem to want to pay for it to be done properly
better to waste money on other things more in the public eye so they can look good for the voters

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds