logolong

Agnostic/Atheist

More
9 years 1 week ago #57345 by Andra
Replied by Andra on topic Agnostic/Atheist
I was born in a christian family but in fact I am atheist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #57350 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Agnostic/Atheist
Jina, I am happy that I was able to help.

More
9 years 1 week ago #57351 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Agnostic/Atheist
Andra, my parents were what I refer to as nominal Christians my atheism grew partly out of the recognition of hypocrisy in most of the lives around me as so many professed to be the followers of Christ but whose actions belied their faith. Reading the bible convinced me that no gods exist only credulity and self-deception on the part of believers. How did you come to atheism?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #57466 by Dongledave
Replied by Dongledave on topic Agnostic/Atheist
Having been brought up in the Christian church, confirmed in the Church of Ireland, tought at a Quaker school and having joined the Plymouth Bretheren as a teenager, I am delighted to say that I have seen the light and become an Atheist. Science and Humanism have shaped my adult life....thank God!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Dongledave.

More
7 years 3 months ago #63942 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Agnostic/Atheist
Dont come on here offten but was looking at what members where saying
i dont take the bible as all true
But we now have ships that can survive more than 40days and night on water or under we have woman having spurm injections they dont have to have sex to get pregnent pple have there hearts started when they stop breathing god is timeless this could be things that happend then and pple would not understand sciense terms so got condenced down
no one can prove god does not exsite or does exsite
That is why it is called faith xxx ecuse any spelling mistakes

More
7 years 3 months ago #63975 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Agnostic/Atheist
I believe religion is a choice, you either believe it or not. When I was in Thailand many moons ago I got to learn about Buddhism. It was very interesting and made a lot of sense. It's based on loving, kindness and compassion. Which is needed in the world to keep it going. There are many branches on the Buddhism tree as there are many types of Buddhism. But the over all teaching is that Buddhism is a way of life. That's what I like about it!

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds