logolong

Being a Disabled Parent

More
6 years 9 months ago #65804 by MattMercy
Replied by MattMercy on topic Being a Disabled Parent
Thank you Scholar! I'm glad you are well tuned into my humour, it often confounds many!

The thing is, my ex taught me we regarding planning and generally looking after our children, obviously, as she knows absolutely sodding everything! And at every point of contact between us, namely when I pick them up or drop them back, she will remind me on the finer points of being a good parent and how obviously evil I am as their daddy! Secretly, I enjoy this.
Doing fun stuff with my children is just bliss, as is not living with my ex (again, really!?) simply because my house is regularly turned into a place of fun and chaos... And then my children turn up!
I just remember not doing much when I was a child, too, and I like the three of us to go out and have fun. They grow too quickly, before !long it will be uncool to go out with their daddy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65807 by Scholar
Replied by Scholar on topic Being a Disabled Parent
Your welcome Matt! One would like to think they know "sodding everything ", but keeping an open mind to learning something new is a true life skill that escapes most people if they allow bitterness to rule their hearts. There is so much to be grateful for...counting blessings usually over rides the challenges we face. I appreciate your humor Matt. Keep up the great work. And yes, Spend all the time with those lovely children now, I will let you experience those teenage years and tell those fun stories in years to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattMercy

More
6 years 9 months ago #65828 by MattMercy
Replied by MattMercy on topic Being a Disabled Parent
I totally agree, I love learning from my children, they teach me so much and surprise me greatly with their insight into everyday life. Teenage years, hmmmm, just remembering what a complete pain I was does not bode well. However, they are different so embracing the future and what that brings!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds