logolong

Test driving my new wheelchair

More
12 years 3 months ago #41820 by Karl
My new wheelchair is finally ready, since may I have been waiting for it. Ok they needed to do a lot of alterations to it as they don't make wheelchairs for me.

I cant do the standard controls so I am getting one of those arcade machine joystick what you play pacman on!

I am going for my test drive on January Friday 13th, scary day! Probably the joystick will jammed forward in top speed and i will crash into a bus and die! Lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41830 by BUBBADOG14
Oh Karl you will have to film it now after saying about the joystick getting stuck in accelerate! I'm sure you will be better than I was when I used a brand new scooter from shop mobility, my friend and I went into this department store and we come across a blocked pathway so my friend did a 3 point turn and as I did I missed calculated the turn and caught a shoe display with the bumper and completely took it out! It was just like something off you've been framed! And I managed to rip the bumper off it so I went back to shop mobility with the bumper off the brand new scooter in the basket. These days when I go to shop mobility to use a scooter they give me an old one!

More
12 years 3 months ago #41856 by Karl
It was too wide to get it in my house and too high to get myself in it and I couldn't do the joystick. So after 2hrs meeting its back to the drawing board. :(

More
12 years 3 months ago #41886 by BUBBADOG14
Oh Karl, I'm really sorry. Did you really like it or was it a 'nah doesn't get me excited' chair? There are some real beauties about aren't there? I must admit my daily chair as we call it I fell in love with straight a way, so I suppose you will know when you find the perfect chair. Keep on looking sweetie you'll find it soon! xxx

More
11 years 10 months ago #44212 by Karl
Today I went to see my new wheelchair again, and this time I could get into my chair as they have altered the footrests. This alteration took them 4 months and 3 weeks. We started the meetings in May 2011... Still a lot of alterations to do so god knows when I will get my new wheelchair from the NHS.

More
11 years 3 months ago #46765 by satdav
Karl did you get it yet your new wheelchair

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds