logolong

Feeling lonely?

More
10 years 3 months ago #51587 by Overdrive
Feeling lonely? was created by Overdrive
Have any of you felt lonely due to your disability? That's what I'm going through at the moment and just want to know if I'm alone in that too?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #51588 by natasha.browne
Replied by natasha.browne on topic Feeling lonely?
overdrive,
lonliness is something that is felt
when it is hard making friends
remember to be yourself and to keep smiling
your new friend
tash
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheelchairdemon, Overdrive

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #51589 by
Replied by on topic Feeling lonely?
Overdrive,
I think it is normal for those of us who have disabilities to feel lonely from time to time. If you ever need to talk I am here. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

More
10 years 3 months ago #51590 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Feeling lonely?
Overdrive, Are you alone a lot in the home? Or do you feel isolated because of your disability? I spend 9hrs a day alone in my home while my husband is at work, the only thing for company are my 2 cats (who I have conversations with, they must think I loopy!!) and my laptop which is my lifeline to the world.That is why I use this site and another one to not feel alone. There are many sites for disabled people who have a forum where you can meet people who are in the same boat as yourself.
If on the other hand you feel isolated by your disability you need to find a site with a forum for people with the same or similar disabilities as yourself. There are different groups that have meetings close to where you live you can find out where's the nearest by either joining an online support group and finding the nearest meeting or they sometimes advertise in the local paper. I hope this helps you, but remember your only a click away on AbleHere to find someone else to talk to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheelchairdemon

More
10 years 3 months ago #51592 by Overdrive
Replied by Overdrive on topic Feeling lonely?
i think my feelings are due to immobility. tough to see life going on around me and i can't participate. plus my fiancee just decided my disability was to much for her and cheated on me. life is so unfair at times

More
10 years 3 months ago #51593 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Feeling lonely?
I know it's tuff at the beginning coming to terms with what has happened and how much your life will have to change, but it's amazing with a little adaptation how much you still can do. As for your partner if she won't stay fateful in your time of need then as hard as it's to say she's not good enough for you. You will know when you meet your sole-mate because they will want to be with you no matter what, they will be happy to care for you,love you and do whatever you need no matter how hard it gets. My husband is my sole-mate, when we found out that I had Osteoporosis and the dr's,Occupational therapist and social worker had a meeting with us both and told us how hard my life was going to be I told my husband to divorce me so he could have a better life. He gave me a right telling off!! And said he loved me know matter what. He literally does everything for me and never complains. That's a sole-mate.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds