logolong

Some good news for a change........

More
15 years 8 months ago #7649 by Posh
As most of you already know, I have cancer. What most of you didn't know, was that in may this year the medics gave me just 4-6 months to enjoy the pleasures of this life.
So I sold my business, lock stock and barrel, and am in the process of selling this rambling old place.

Now the good news....

I'm going to be able to have Stem Cell Therapy. I saw my Consultant yesterday, and he thinks that it's worth a try -- I mean, what have I got to lose?
It's all terribly new, so new that the trials are still ongoing over in the USA (hasn't hit here in the UK yet). Basically what happens is there are two options: one is to take cells from my spinal chord and inject them into the cancerous cells, in the hope that they will attack the cancer and \"kill\" it, before it kills me!! or, two, to take cells from the umbilical chord from a foetus (unborn baby) and inject them randomly into me, in the hope that they will form into cells which attack and repair my damaged (cancerous) cells).

Unfortunately, I cannot have the treatment here in the UK, and will have to travel to the USA (come back Concorde, all is forgiven!) which will be an exercise in itself!
So I may be away for some time guys, but I'll be thinking of ya'all.
I leave as soon as the arrangements can be done.

wish me luck!

Posh xx<br><br>Post edited by: Posh, at: 2008/08/27 07:38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #7653 by
I couldnt be more pleased.....than if I saw Scouse buying a round of drinks...Go for it Your Ladyship xxxxx ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #7664 by Scotty
All the luck in the world Posh hope everything goes to plan.:) :kiss:

More
15 years 8 months ago #7666 by scouse
Posh that is brilliant news and i wish you all the best with the treatment i had a sister inlaw who died 2 years ago of cancer and i know how depressing and hopeless it can make you feel .......i think its great that you are staying so positive and determined to fight ...im sure it will pay dividends in the end ......best of luck we\&quot;ll keep the champs on ice Tony xxxx

More
15 years 8 months ago #7669 by ducky
Posh that is great I wish you all the best ..we will be thinking of you as well.. if possible will you try to keep us informed...elly xx

More
15 years 8 months ago #7673 by TheLadyMagenta
Posh mate thats bloody fantastic!! You,ve got a shot at something new and your grabbing it just like you should and i could,nt be more pleased for you HUGS. Go ffor it lady and you come back and tell us you,ll be here reighning for a lot longer ok? Untill then, your magesty, Farewell good luck and our love travels with you. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds