logolong

I love my dogs

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25992 by
I love my dogs was created by
I have two lovely girls - Senior Dog is 11 years old and small :) , and Junior Dog is six months old and is A Big Strong Girl.

They were both rescue pups and are both mutts, but they keep me company so I don't feel so alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25993 by
Replied by on topic Re:I love my dogs
Nice to know youve got great companions Gandra...welcome to the site and hope to chat again soon xxxx ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25994 by
Thank you for your welcome Tony.

My post must be the most stupid first post ever :blush: but I've only just joined this site and hadn't looked round it properly.

I just saw the mention of pets, and sort of jumped in feet first, or rather wheels first, because I love my girls and they really are great company for me, and for each other.

They also mean that I can't just sit on my butt all day but must shift to feed them, give them fresh water, and let them out when they ask to go out. Not running loose, but on 10 metre lengths of strong cord so they can't get to the road.

They are both mutts and were both rescue puppies. Senior Dog at only 5 weeks old and Junior Dog at about 6 weeks.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26019 by
Slight problem. I've been waiting for a couple of months for the Local Authority Vet to come and give the girls their rabies shots [can't be done by their private vet] as I want Junior Dog to be spayed. And she can't have a GA until at least two weeks after she has the rabies shot.

There are a lot of stray dogs around and rabies is bad this year.

Guess who had clean linen put on the bed yesterday? Pale apple green linen?

And guess who had to put her pale apple green linen in the washing machine at 5am?

Now I have to borrow a Filipinit carer to put clean linen on my bed. I can't have a live in carer myself as I don't have a spare bedroom, and can't even get a part-time one at the moment, so have to borrow one for bed changing and stuff.

Oh woe is me.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26050 by
Ah, but guess who finally turned up this morning? None other than Dr Vadim, our Local Authority vet.

So both girls have had their rabies shots, Senior dog early, and first one for Junior Dog, and Junior has been microchipped.

Now I just have to wait until her \"season\" has finished before I can get her spayed.

But she's all legal now! Had her mandatory rabies shot and is microchipped. All registered under my ID number so all legal!

Is there a \"phew\" emoticon available? :unsure:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #27019 by
Junior dog has now, thankfully, finished her first estrus, so I have another four or five months in which I have to have her spayed, although the sooner the better I think, as she is now acting like a stroppy teenager.

At all of eight months old!

Oh but she is such a lump, especially when she decides to use my aching body for a pillow.

But I guess I wouldn't be without her now, even though she is really too much for me to handle.

Hopefully she will calm down once she is spayed, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds