logolong

2 dog brothers, 3 cat friends

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #59226 by Saunter
Vet sez my dog, Caesar, has a mild heart murmur and it is sept 2015 . In May he did not have it. He is ten years old. what I see online is scary. So of course I read it. He is the sweetest 1/2 Aussie cattle dog ( aka blue heeler)
And also 1/2 black Labrador retriever. Sometimes this breed mix is called black and blue then people laugh because they realise it's the punch line for a riddle.
He thinks his name is sir since he is so sure I gave up and for the last 9 years have called him sir. Or sur. same pronunciation. Haha. He spent a year as a puppy telling me his name was one syllable , sir , or nothing! Working breed dogs often like a single syllable name.
Since I have bad thumbs, hands I took him to a dog salon and his body and legs were given the equivalent of a dog buzz cut. His head and tail fur were cut. Good since he had thick undercoat and a border collie coat. As my thumbs wrist have gotten more annoying he was turning into a walking matted rag mop. Better now. As is the house less fur on floor now .
only have to buzz cut his brother Kingston, thinks his name is king. King is 10 pounds heavier then sir he is 50 pounds, sir is 40 pounds. With a little gap. They've spent most of their life together.
I've three cats, Baloo named after the bear in Disney cartoon jungle book . He is king cat and even bosses the dogs since he was an adult when they were puppies and glad to have an animal boss to lick thier faces and agree humans are odd but we love them just the same. He used to sleep in thier puppy box with them he would purr for them , sometimes he will cuddle up with one or other of them still now and purr.
There's is Nancy cat, named after Nancy in Nancy Drew books. My daughter named her when she was listening a lot to that book set on tape from the library for the blind or otherwise handicapped. Daughter is otherwise handicapped not blind. Nancy likes to cuddle with whichever dog Baloo isn't.
Then there's panda cat obviously he is black and white. He fetches cat toys to the dogs who spit all over the cat toy and then kick it with one hind foot. This is a repeat game. Toss and fetch soccer I guess.
Another time if wanted I'll talk my garden crafts or neighbors.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Saunter. Reason: Add a word
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #59238 by BUBBADOG14
You sure have a full house! But by the sounds of it a fun house, send my love and fuss to Cesar I hope it doesn't slow him down but I'm sure being pampered makes him feel good!! :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #59254 by Saunter
My mistake about sirs fur central body a buzz cut and the head and tail are not trimmed. See the typos that escape. Huh

More
8 years 6 months ago #59275 by BUBBADOG14
No problem Saunter, we all make mistakes when posting, I know I've made some howling mistakes in the past that come back to haunt me!! ;)

Saunter wrote: My mistake about sirs fur central body a buzz cut and the head and tail are not trimmed. See the typos that escape. Huh

More
8 years 6 months ago #59337 by Saunter
My dog named Caesar the one who wants his name to be called sir or sur . He had a heart murmur and he died. 9/23/15 I wrote about it on the do you believe pets feel our emotions forum.

More
7 years 1 month ago #64209 by Saunter
May 2016 I got a rescue young adult dog. At that time he was 1 1/2 years old and we are his third family. He is named Milo and whom ever he had before pronounced his name my- oh. With no "L" .

He is 1/2 Pyrenees dog and 1/2 St. Bernard and a smidge white Labrador retriever. He was update on vaccinations, trust trained and obedience trained when I got him

He was a bottle fed "runt" . He weighs 75 pounds. He is such a nice dog. He fits into the family so well it's as if he has always been here.

He and king ( 1/2 black Labrador retriever 1/2 Aussie cattle dog 12 years old ) well they get along so well . King is blind due to age when they go to the dog park if king is uncomfortable and whining Milo shoulder bumps king until Milo has herd dogged king back to me .

When I fiirst got Milo he tried to herd cats and he soon learned that is not possible . Lol.....

I love Milo so much he is such a good friend

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds