logolong

Teach a dog Sign Language

More
16 years 5 months ago #623 by Mystery-Man
I had a pure breed Pomeranian ( images.google.com.au/images?hl=en&q=...&sa=N&tab=wi ) once before. She was the smartest dog I had ever had. I taught her the American Sign Language, and she mastered it in less half an hour, seriously. First, I taught her using simple voice commands. Then I used both voice command and sign language. Later, I used only sign language. She learned how to sit, come, stay, etc. Unfortunately, she was stolen, and all I had left to remember of her was her collar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #627 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Teach a dog Sign Language
wonderful.

plz can you put the photos here coz i cant do your link!

im sorry she was taken from you.

suzan

More
16 years 5 months ago #628 by Mystery-Man
I don't believe I had taken a photo of her, and if I did, all of my photos disappeared (long sad story). However, I found a photo on the Internet that resembles her, and here it is:

Attachments:

More
16 years 5 months ago #649 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Teach a dog Sign Language
I think most dogs knows some sign language.

Point to the lead
Point to the door
Point to the food
etc

How many commands can you teach a dog?

More
16 years 5 months ago #650 by Mystery-Man
I think the American Sign Language (ASL) is a bit more complicated and a bit more sophisticated than that. In fact, there are several recognized univ in California and in Washington D.C. considered ASL as a totally different language, and would accept ASL as a language requirement other than the traditional French, German, Italian, and Spanish, etc.
I taught this little dog quite a few commands, unfortunately, she was stolen from me shortly afterward.

More
16 years 5 months ago #678 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Teach a dog Sign Language
when my son was in nursery school he was taught sign language, as another child there was deaf
....my son picked it up really quickly, i had trouble keeping up witth his knowledge (everyday my son taught me what he had learnt),
.....but as soon as he wentinto infant school of course this stopped. wot a shame, why not have it in mainstream primary schools, kids have an amazing ability to pick things up quickly
...because his learning was so short and not reinforced with repetition, he now has forgotten everything he knew.

xx suzan xx

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds