logolong

Stair lift drama again!!

More
7 years 10 months ago #62129 by BUBBADOG14
Had to make a call to my stair lift supplier again this morning! Yet again for the 5th time in less than a year one of my toggles wire has come out!! This time it's the left luckily I can use the right hand one to go up and down the stairs but the left can only downstairs.

But the main reason I'm annoyed is because the warranty is up this month and I've had to have the repair man out several times and had 2 toggles that where known to be faulty and got them replaced and then the right toggle wires came out and had to have them fixed, then the left ones had them fixed and yesterday another wire! And this is a brand new stair lift that cost a lot of money and I'm having problem after problem! I'm going to ask for a new 12 month warranty as I feel I've had so much grief with it and I refuse to pay a penny as this has been a constant problem not brought on by me. Oh well what goes up must come down when it works!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62133 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Stair lift drama again!!
Did you get your stair lift free thru the council?

More
7 years 10 months ago #62138 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Stair lift drama again!!
No had to buy it with my own readies!! They are going to come Monday afternoon and replace all the wires to the paddles because they say 'now the stair lift maker are saying the wires for the paddles are a bad batch!!' unreal 1st the paddles now the wires! I hope this is the last time I have to call them out because the paddles stop working. It's due for a service now as well so they can do that while they are here. I'm going to ask them for a new warranty as well!!

Karl wrote: Did you get your stair lift free thru the council?

More
7 years 10 months ago #62148 by Karl
You should of got a grant from the council to buy a stairlift. You can get grants for loads of things!

New adaptions for bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, ramps, etc..

More
7 years 10 months ago #62155 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Stair lift drama again!!
I tried to get a grant for the stair lift but they wanted to look at my husbands finances and I felt that was wrong because it was my stair lift as I was disabled. And they refused my grant application because of not showing my husbands finances. Even if I showed them his finances I would have been turned down due to his inheritance. So I went ahead and brought my own.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62162 by Karl
ah, if you was single, you would of got one for free.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds