logolong

Sarcoidosis and the spine

More
15 years 10 months ago #4351 by ~mark~
Hi all, I haven't been here for a few days and wanted to post why. I awoke last Tuesday morning at 4:45am and was unable to get out of bed. I had severe pain in my lumbar back. I finally crawled out of bed around 11am to use the loo. Long story short is that the sarcoidosis may be attacking my spine. Had an MRI which showed disc dehydration at L4/5 and a protrusion at L3/4 abutting the right nerve. I am now awaiting an appointment with a neurologist. More studies and probably surgery. I won't know anything else until then. It is very difficult for me to sit and type so I probably won't be around much for a while. I will update when i can. Wish me luck. Lots of pain here. When it rains it poor's.:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #4355 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Sarcoidosis and the spine
I am sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain..I wish you luck and my regards to you and family xxx

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #4378 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sarcoidosis and the spine
~mark~ wrote:

Hi all, I haven't been here for a few days and wanted to post why. I awoke last Tuesday morning at 4:45am and was unable to get out of bed. I had severe pain in my lumbar back. I finally crawled out of bed around 11am to use the loo. Long story short is that the sarcoidosis may be attacking my spine. Had an MRI which showed disc dehydration at L4/5 and a protrusion at L3/4 abutting the right nerve. I am now awaiting an appointment with a neurologist. More studies and probably surgery. I won't know anything else until then. It is very difficult for me to sit and type so I probably won't be around much for a while. I will update when i can. Wish me luck. Lots of pain here. When it rains it poor's.:(

God Bless you Mark..from The Old Country...It sounds like my early symptoms with AS.....Thinking and praying for you xxxx;)

More
15 years 10 months ago #4445 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Sarcoidosis and the spine
mark im sorry to hear re all this....i do hopw you can get a quick appointment with the neurologist.

its a tough time for you right now....please know that yr friends here thinking of you...and wishing you well soon.

hugz to you my friend....xx suzan xx

More
15 years 10 months ago #4544 by ~mark~
Replied by ~mark~ on topic Re:Sarcoidosis and the spine
Thanks all, I am getting a nerve block for the pain on the 25th, and the neuro I trust is on holiday so I won't see him until July 21st. I am expecting surgery as I have a protrusion at L3/4 and disc dehydration at L4/5. The protrusion is abutted against the root causing me much pain. Fluid around my spine is distributed unevenly. I will update when I can.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #4546 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sarcoidosis and the spine
~mark~ wrote:

Thanks all, I am getting a nerve block for the pain on the 25th, and the neuro I trust is on holiday so I won't see him until July 21st. I am expecting surgery as I have a protrusion at L3/4 and disc dehydration at L4/5. The protrusion is abutted against the root causing me much pain. Fluid around my spine is distributed unevenly. I will update when I can.

Stay with it Big Guy...I dont usualy use that stuff..but got to make you feel comfortable xxxxx ;) ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds