logolong

crps

More
15 years 5 months ago #11821 by lisanmaria
crps was created by lisanmaria
hi im 26 from the west midlands n my partner maria is 41
i have recently been diagnosed with crps in my right hand after going through a operation for trigger finger which i must add the surgeon got wrong he should of gave me carpal tunnel surgery but anyway the pain is terrible my fingers cramp the pain is there all day every day and as for the surgeon i have now he wont do a operation for carpal tunnel even thou i have got it because it will make it worse the thing is i cant see how much worse it can get because the pain is something i have never felt before but with the pain of my hand i get so much anger built up due to the hand n whats happening its so depressing and even thou they r syptoms of crps its a complete nightmare
the surgeon as put me in for pain management and also physiotheropy but as for people ive read msgs off other forums they dont work because theres no cure
anyway my partner maria as been a great support to me bless her
shes so understanding crps should be more recognised n its so frustrating because some people dont understand its constant pain
glad to see alot of info on here about crps i just wondered if theres anyone else with crps in there hand
from lisa n maria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #11979 by TheLadyMagenta
Replied by TheLadyMagenta on topic Re:crps
I dont have this but i welcome you both into our little band of friends. If all we can do support you when you need friends we are really good there in that depertment. I hope both you ladies fell at home here cos we have no barriers and many types of cool people im sure you can get along with. The only thing iv heard of similar to yours is RSD? is it in the same vein? If so i have links to a website run by an RSD sufferer? Cat xx;)

More
15 years 5 months ago #11988 by lisanmaria
Replied by lisanmaria on topic Re:crps
hi cat
thank u for welcoming us
crps is the same as rsd apparently its just a diffrent name of the disease
its a terrible thing to suffer from i really get so down about it
anyway please could u send us the link as it would be very useful as theres not alot what doctors know about it

kind regards
thanks again
lisa and maria :) :)

More
15 years 5 months ago #11989 by Lill
Replied by Lill on topic Re:crps
Hi Lisa & Maria,
Welcome, I am also new here.
I don't have CRPS, but can sympathise with the pain.
I have a Syrinx in my spinal cord, which is now making me lose the feeling in my fingers, hands & arms.
I get numbness, but with extreme pain, I know sounds odd. Also have pain like electric shocks at times. My right arm & hand shake often, also nerve twitching, my whole arm just jumps around on it's own.

Makes my kids laugh !! Makes me cry !!

Hope you find some resources on here to help.
Cheers

More
15 years 5 months ago #11992 by lisanmaria
Replied by lisanmaria on topic Re:crps
hi lill
sorry to hear what u suffer from
myself personally have like little movements in my right hand it will just start twitching and burning then it will go stone cold its swollen and a blueish purple colour
i cant even write a sentance anymore i was a artist but cant do that anymore either n at 26 yrs old its so horrible having to give things up the muscles r defenatly weakening too because i have problems gripping things im just so so grateful to my partner maria and my dad and marias bro they r all so supportive my partner is absolutly amazing having crps/rsd it causes mood swings and depression too there r people that should go for counsilling according to the doctors ive seen
ive got an appointment again on friday with the hospital and im going to see if they will operate on the carpal tunnel syndrome in that hand but i think the answer will be no due to the surgeon thinking it will be worse when if i had that but my answer would be everyones diffrent and suffers diffrent side effects
anyway thank u for ur msg
takecare kind regards
lisa and maria :) :)

More
15 years 5 months ago #12003 by cheeky_monkey17
Replied by cheeky_monkey17 on topic Re:crps
Hey Lisa & Maria
Nice to see new people using the site.
My names Emma and like others I dont suffer with CRPS, I have spina bifida. But I just want to say a big warm hello and welcome. If these anything we can help u with just give us a shout as we are to help each other and have a good laugh.

Hope to catch u around for a chat or the forum again
talk later
Emma xXx

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds