logolong

Forgot to itroduse myself

More
10 years 1 month ago #52700 by judytoo
Hello everyone. My name is Judy and use the screen name judytoo. But, you can call me Judy.
My disability lies in my back. I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis, bulging discs at 2 different levels, and degenerative disc disease; at least this is what the MRI said 4-5 years ago. I also have Fibromyalgia

I can't walk far nor stand long. I can't sleep in a bed, not even an adjustable one. I have to sleep in a recliner which has great lumbar support.

I am glad to be a member her but have much to learn about getting around the site. In fact, I joined and forget I joined. But now I am back and plan on checking in frequently, if not daily.

I am a Christian and believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior from sin. I am always looking for ways to serve God and it is not always easy when you have a disability. I read passages in Scripture that softened my hear to write to prison inmates as pen pals. The 2 passages are:

Hebrews 13:3 (NIV)
3 "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners."

Matthew 25:36 (NIV)
36 ‘I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

I thought about them and prayed and when I felt it in my heart, I felt it was God leading me. So I found www.writeaprisoner.com and went from there. So far I have 5 pen pals; 4 male and 1 female. I always tell them in my initial contact that I am not looking for a romantic relationship and those that I write to are happy with that. I am older than all of them and they don't mind that either. I felt nervous at first after I found out that they received my whole name and address, but I don't anymore. I have been doing this for 4 months now.

I also receive Bible Books, each separately spiral bound in 18 point font which I give to a nursing home so the elderly who are visually impaired can have God's Word there to read. There are also inspirational booklets and pamphlets, all in 18 font font. I recently ordered 10 Books of John and 10 Books of Psalms in 20 point font for them. Like I said, I am always looking for ways to serve God. If anyone here is visually impaired and would be interested in receiving these Bible Books free of charge, please let me know and I will give you the information. They are really nice also.

Well, I guess that's enough about me, except that I am always open to new friends. If anyone is interested in being pen pals, please let me know. Or I will also just enjoy getting to know each other here in the forums...Judy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #52725 by BUBBADOG14
Welcome to AbleHere.com Judy, hope you enjoy the site and this forum! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds