logolong

hello

More
8 years 11 months ago #57494 by skylerc
hello was created by skylerc
Hello,I am Skyler and a 36 year old above the knee amputee.Lost my right leg above the knee 6 years ago,my abusive ex husband took an ax to my right knee and destroyed it.He is in prison serving a 75 year sentence for this including raping me.It was a struggle at first,support from family and friends helped.Got help from a therapist,was depressed and been better ever since.I do wear a prosthtic leg and have a mobil scooter I get around with.I also have RA,diagnosed with this when I was 32.Lupus also,diagnosed with this last year and I keep these two under control very well.Good news I am married to a great guy that treats me right,Paul of 4 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #57498 by Jina
Replied by Jina on topic hello
Hi! welcome on board! :)
I am left leg amputeed above knee wearing prothetic leg.
You can read forum articles, it'll help you a lot, as does to me.

More
8 years 11 months ago #57502 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic hello
Hi Welcome to AbleHere, If you ever want to talk please just private message me. BUBBADOG14.

More
8 years 11 months ago #57508 by skylerc
Replied by skylerc on topic hello
Thanks and the people in my life say I amaze them,I have not let this hold me back at all.My boss and co workers say I still do the same job,a mechanic at an auto body/auto repair shop

More
8 years 11 months ago #57527 by Writch
Replied by Writch on topic hello
Welcome to Able Here !! I too have wrote a very short Description of myself.Glad to hear you are moving on from a horrible experience !! Again,Welcome to A.H .. And when you have time, Please visit the chat room.Take Care :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #57529 by skylerc
Replied by skylerc on topic hello
I am glad that justice was served also for what my ex did to me.I do give back for what happened to me,talk to women that are victims of domestic violence and get them to get out of this situation.I have 3 kids and they say I am still a great mom being an amputee having RA and lupus

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds