logolong

Introduce yourself

More
8 years 4 months ago #60415 by Lucy71
Introduce yourself was created by Lucy71
Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forum so I hope I’m doing this right :)

My name is Lucy and I’m from the United Kingdom. I was disabled in 2005 following a very bad car crash in South Africa. I have recently been involved in campaigning for greater choice at the end of life for terminally ill people, whether they already have a disability or not. I’m a campaigner with a disabled activist group called DADiD, Disabled Activists for Dignity in Dying, www.DADiD.org.uk

Dying is one of those things people prefer not to talk about, obviously, but many regret not making plans and their wishes known to loved ones at the end of their lives. DADiD looks at how the dying experience is different for disabled people and how we can campaign for greater choices of care in our last days and weeks of life. 86% of disabled people in the UK support choice for dying people, this is compared to an average of 80% of the general population.

If end of life care, greater choice and the right to die well are issues you are passionate about, please go to our website and sign up to receive our newsletter.

Thank you,

Lucy
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds