logolong

USA members Hub! Introduce yourself here

More
8 years 3 months ago #60798 by Rick G.
My name is Rick Goldstein. I am new here just joined today, I am from Tucson, AZ, USA.
I am the the President, CEO of Go! Mobility Solutions Ltd. I invented the GO! Anywhere® Portable Shower Chair line to solve a problem I had that no other chairs on the market solved.
For nearly 36 years since my injury, traveling anywhere for more than a couple days posed some serious problems. On short trips I could stuff my non-portable shower chair into my van. Although I could usually get my chair over a toilet, rarely did I have access to a roll-in shower. I grew wary of the embarrassment from having a porter push my potty chair through parking lots and hotel lobbies. Like me, you’ve probably discovered that they are not easy to disguise.

When my plans required air travel my options were extremely limited. There was no way could I take a non-portable shower chair with me. I felt so restricted and even though I had loved to travel I would only do so when I absolutely had to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60806 by BUBBADOG14
I find going on cruise holidays much easier and they have a lot of disabled loo's and they do especially adapted disabled cabins that have normally adapted shower chairs. The newer the ship the better disabled catered for!

My husband and I do find hotel with beach holidays much harder to find. I have literally just yesterday morning arrived back from our Winter Sun holiday and you will see my review on it soon.
It does take my husband months to find a suitable holiday and he uses trip advisor and Utube to make sure the holiday will run as smoothly as possible. It does take an age to find a holiday that will work for you and your holiday but as soon as it arrives it is well worth it!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds