logolong

New here

More
7 years 10 months ago #62463 by Jjabberwocky13@gmail.com
Hey. I'm 19 years old, Wheelchair user, and have a J-tube.
When I was 11 I injured my right ankle, I went to the ER and they said I broke it. After a weeks of having a cast I still couldn't walk, the pain was just to bad. I went back to the doctors and after a few months I was diagnosed with CRPS. 8 years later it has spread to both legs from my toes up to a little past my knees.
Now I am bound to a wheelchair due to my bones and muscles being very weak, and the extreme hyper sensitivity. In August of last year I started having troubles with eating. In January I was admitted to the hospital due to extreme malnutrition and extreme weight loss. They put in a NJ (nasal gastric) tube in. on June 20th they put in a J-tube.
I feel very alone, I know I am not, but seems just seem to keep getting worse. I'm 19 years old in a wheelchair and have a tube connected to me at all times. I hardly can go out, I have lost all my friends. I just need some one who understands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62464 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic New here
Oh honey, firstly welcome to the site, your not alone there are so many young people who are disabled due to different things. I became disabled in my late 20's, mine was a slow progression from around 15/16 my legs gave way and as I got older it seemed I had more pain but then it was harder to diagnose things. I wasn't diagnosed till I was in my 20's but by then my bones where past any chance of having knee or hip replacements, by then I was also diagnosed with Epilepsy! The feeling of why me was so over whelming. Then I found this rabble and they slowly turned the 'why me' into 'okay, how can I help' this site saved me and I wanted to give back and offered my services to Karl. If I can help someone smile or laugh a day I'm happy. If I can help you maybe just by talking to you private message me. Take care sweetie.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62473 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic New here
Hello sweetheart, welcome to Ablehere.We will make you smile. :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds