logolong

Stomach Virus???

More
11 years 4 months ago #46443 by Jana
Stomach Virus??? was created by Jana
Dare I ask? Here in the US, there is a widespread outbreak of stomach flu (it's really a virus, I guess, but not the flu). I think pretty much everyone has eaten something "off" or caught the stomach flu before but this bug is the virus from HELL! This is day 8 for me. My diet consists of dry toast, plain white rice, gingerale, Koolaid and tea. Every time I eat or drink I'm just doubled over in pain. I can keep it down, tho.

Just wondering if anyone else has been suffering from this? If so, I wish you a speedy recovery and to go SLOW with food. :sick:

Jana
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #46475 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: Stomach Virus???
I came back from our holiday a week ago, lovely holiday except that for 2 days before we came home I caught the flu that was going round the ship! Now this cruise ship started in Miami which was lovely and warm and went round the Carribean which was lovely and hot!! So where the heck this flu came from I don't know!! This flu (which I still have!!) consists of cold,fever,blocked sinusis,ear ache, headache and a mucsus cough!! It is nasty! So Jenna saying it is going about the USA points to the suspect I guess! Well I supose it beats bringing back some tacky souvenirs!! :sick: :lol:

More
11 years 3 months ago #46483 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Stomach Virus???
Amanda, oh no! I'm so glad you had a nice warm trip but you got the "other" bug that is going around. I'm still having issues with my tummy, and spent New Years Eve in the clinic getting an IV because I was dehydrated, and having other lab tests done, which were all negative. I've been living on rice and tea and sports drink. Everything else pretty much doubles me over in pain. Trying to get in to see my regular doctor today if possible. :(

More
11 years 3 months ago #46486 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Stomach Virus???
I saw my doc! YAY! Got medicine to slow things down a bit. He thinks whatever virus (probaly Norwalk)I had just riled up my IBS and GERD and made a mess of things. So far I've eaten today and NOTHING happened. YAY!!!

More
11 years 3 months ago #46493 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: Stomach Virus???
Glad you have had progress!! I thought I had turned a corner with this and ended up having a half hour coughing fit last night! I was trying to get sips of water down me whenever I had a milli-second break! And as ladies know who are of a certain age whenever you cough or laugh a certain part of you decides to go on strike and something horrible happens!! :ohmy: So I have had to put a pad on to save on washing!!! I hate getting old!! :( And so throat is back to square one and I have pretty much lost my voice (hubby will be pleased!!)

More
11 years 1 month ago #47285 by Grandma7
Replied by Grandma7 on topic Re: Stomach Virus???
A lot of people in London are going through this horrible virus. My husband had it two weeks ago, and had to go on a drip at the hospital, he was very weak that night and it took a good few days to getter better. I had it, but not too bad. Now one of my daughters has it and a lot of friends. Very nasty. x

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds