logolong

Cruel Post Code Lottery

More
16 years 8 months ago #546 by Gill1052
My Name is Gillian Eames l am 54 years old and have been struggling with Ankylosing Spondylitis for over 20 years. For more information on the disease please look on National Ankylosing Spondylitis society webb site .
www.nass.co.uk (click on nass news where is a link to petition and London Tonight news )

l have been taking part on a clinical drug trial for a drug called Anti-Tnf (enbrel) which is a twice weekly injection.
Before going on this drug the pain was constant and unbearable so much so that at times it was only the love and support of my two sons and family that made life worth living. The trial was through the Clinical Trials Unit at The Royal National Hospital For Rheumatic Diseases in Bath and the drug company was Wyeth trial ended on July 6th 2007.
My Primary Care Trust (Bromley) are refusing to fund me to continue on this life changing treatment. Fellow sufferers who meet the criteria are now being able to get access to this drug around the country. l am very pleased for them as l know how life will improve for them,. I feel very cheated that l have been a guinea pig (at my choice) and am now being told sorry even though it works and l am proof of that we are not going to fund you.
The drug company have extended supplying me with the drug until the first week in September 2007 hoping that my Pct would have changed their decision.
l can not and will not go back to how life was 5 years ago l am frightened as l was border line for spinal correction surgery.
Please can l ask if as many members will support me in my plight by signing my petition on Downing Street petitions.pm.gov.uk/ANTI-TNF/ (you must activate email they send back to you)
ITN London Tonight News (on your side ) are following my story.

Thank you for your time
Kindest Regards

Gillian Eames

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #547 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Cruel Post Code Lottery
I have signed it

Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds