logolong

Fishing

More
14 years 3 months ago #29333 by DATA311
Fishing was created by DATA311
Have not been out much this year, but the time I did manage to get out and do some fishing, I managed to achieve an all time best of over 150lb catch of bream, went with my brother (who sadly also suffers with CMT) and we had a crakerjack of a day.
Hope to get out a bit more often in 2010..........;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bohonk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31934 by
Replied by on topic Re:Fishing
I used to really love fishing when we lived down on the coast but since moving a bit further north its all pay pay pay got my fishing license this year and went fishing once piking I caught a 42.6 lb pike nice fish but then the rains came and that makes the ground very slippery for me be it in my chair or on a scooter.

yep youve guessed it Im one of those fair weather fishermen......:lol:

More
13 years 5 months ago #31961 by Ashcroft
Replied by Ashcroft on topic Re:Fishing
i love stream and brook fishing, i don't go for smallies but i do go for wild browns on a fly, really good fun on 2lb test leader.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31973 by
Replied by on topic Re:Fishing
Ashcroft,

unfortunately we dont seem to have the right conditions in our Northamptonshire rivers to keep the wild trout in them for long unless the pike or maybe Zander are eating them all. there is one place nearby that you would think is ideal but not a wild trout anywhere in site, mind you brown trout can be hard to spot even with polarized sunglasses.

we have lots of lakes & resoviours that charge silly money to fish for trout when the floods come they over flow and some get out into the river system.

regards Nigel.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds