logolong

Waste veg oil for fuel.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31933 by
Waste veg oil for fuel. was created by
take a look at www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum
for lots of info on running your indirect injection diesel on veg oil or waste veg oil.

most of us pretty much need to pay around 3 quid for 20 litres of waste oil these days but you get around fifteen litres of filterted oil from a 20 litre drum.

one of the strict rules is your car needs to have a bosch fuel pump and be built usually before 1998.

DONT stick any veg oil be it new or waste in an HDi diesel it will damage the engine severely.

heres my waste veg oil processor. it costs me around 35p a litre to make clean veg oil and burn it tax free in my car and because I dont get out much I never use up my yearly tax free allowance of 2500 litres or 555 gallons, I get around 47 to the gallon with a 2 litre engine. any questions please dont be afraid to ask and I'll do my best to answer them for you, so far i have been running my citroen diesel for just over a year on this filtered waste veg oil, the picture shows my processor which I built with a little help from my Dad. during the winter I start to add 5% petrol to the oil to prevent the oil from freezing at temperatures below minus 5 Degrees C.
I could add 35% diesel but thats expensive. the processor cost £150 to build and was easily paid for in three months 3 x 65 litres of diesel at 117.00 a litre = £228.15 or 3 x 65 litres at 35p a litre =£68.25 total saving in three months £159.99. or £639.60 saved every year on fuel.

Post edited by: oojimmyflip, at: 2010/11/01 19:41<br><br>Post edited by: oojimmyflip, at: 2010/11/05 09:40
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #31962 by Ashcroft
Replied by Ashcroft on topic Re:Waste veg oil for fuel.
Interesting info, thanks!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31980 by
Replied by on topic Re:Waste veg oil for fuel.
if you have a look at the website link and your car meets all the conditions you'll probably need to type up some begging letters asking people for oil expect to put out at least 500 letters to get two or three outlets.

unfortunately the competition for oil has gone absolutely crazy in the paast couple of years, don;t forget cafes pubs and resturants attached to pubs.

you can get information from your local enviroment agency relating to the waste transfer license exemption
allowed to us for private use of the waste oil.

it is usally best to ask for an exemption letter because big businesses will tell lots of white lies about the only people being able to collect waste oil being paid up license holders when this is basically not true. the other drawback in the competition is that most license payers or businesses supply new oil when they take away the old oil that can be finacially difficult for private waste oil collectors as we have to pay the Non-trade prices if we want to do such things. if you have a friend who runs a chip shop or kebab shop and uses vegetable oil your made for life. the 20 litre drums are ussually pierced through the top to allow air into them to allow the oil to pur more easily when collecting them wrap clingfilm around the top to stop the oil leaking out in your carboot, I have had drums wrapped like this fall over in the boot and they have never leaked the clingfilm stops this. you might need some help like I do to collect the drums or you might find an understanding shop keeper who would be willing to help you load the car up, if your paying for the oil this is usually the case, its a lot better than him/her pouring it down the drains to pollute our warercourses and rivers.

we are not allowed to sell the oil for profit but you can barter it for some bio-diesel or other bits a bobs online.
I have always said that the shed is a great hidey hole from her indoors and that brewing beer gave a lot of males somewhere to run to when opinions were streched in relationships, Now we have making fuel as an excuse to go and hide as well. that is if you have someone to hide away from.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if your going to do this have your catalytic converter if your diesel has one removed it doesnt need a catalytic converter anyway it is known as an industry standard not a consumer standard, so that'll spare you quite a lot of money thinking it has to be replaced later on, I got kwik fit to take out my catalytic converter and put a new straight exhaust pipe in off an older model, £90 for the straight pipe £350 for a new catalytic converter, your choice of course petrol cars need a catalytic converter but diesels built before 1998 don't. your BHP will rise dramatically and the cat wont be sufficating the engine anymore causing back pressure on the exhaust.<br><br>Post edited by: oojimmyflip, at: 2010/11/05 10:06

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds