logolong

south cliff caravan park bridlington

More
9 years 6 months ago #55561 by Karl
On the 2nd October 2014 I went to South Cliff and was booked to stay in one of the wheelchair accessible caravans. We thought the caravan would be fully wheelchair accessible as we saw the ramp outside the caravans so we went into the office to do the booking about two months ago, and even though the staff spoke to me they did not think to mention about the wheelchair accessible inside the caravan.

Firstly getting into the caravan was a struggle as the ramp is too narrow to turn into the door way and there is a 5 inch step into the caravan.

Once I was in the caravan, I couldn’t get into either the bedrooms or the bathroom because of the narrow doorways. I had to crawl in the rooms.

When I asked the staff to move me and my party, I was told they are all the same. They also said they were accessible to get into but not inside. I asked why? They replied we don’t get many people in wheelchairs.
After my visit I am not surprised when you clearly can’t accommodate us!

The park is run by the council so they should know better!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55566 by BUBBADOG14
I hope your going to write a stern letter about how p**s poor there 'disabled' cabins are and given them a lesson in what a disabled caravan should have. Might be worth naming and shaming the park in the press I know I would but I'm just an evil cow!! :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds