logolong

Dubai Holiday

More
9 years 1 month ago #56590 by BUBBADOG14
Dubai Holiday was created by BUBBADOG14
I'm going to break up this review to the different parts of the holiday as they are not the same like chalk & cheese.

Atlantis Palm Hotel

The size of the hotel makes it almost it's own resort! The hotel is spread across the top of the palm! You need a golf trolley to get from one end to the other. Atlantis hotel has it's own shopping parade with designer shops & restaurants. It's own sea world aquarium and it's own water park where it has huge slides and you can swim with dolphins!! And if that's not enough you can hire super cars like Lamborghini's or Ferrari's! And has it's own helicopter pad with helicopters!! The hotel was mind blowing! When we arrived we where told we had our room upgraded which blew us away. We where taken to our room which was huge! We had an amazing view from our balcony. The only down side was the room wasn't adapted for disabled people. But I could get around in my chair. The bathroom wasn't adapted but it was big! it had a bath & sink, separate shower and separate loo.
The hotel had disabled toilets in the main part of the hotel but non outside. The whole of the inside was marble floored but the outside was a totally different matter! It was mainly cobbled in the hotel grounds which was horrendous in the wheelchair but the main path along the beach was concrete which was breaking down, it was awful! I'm still literally covered in bruises still from being thrown round in my chair!! The hotel still has a lot to do to make it 100% disabled friendly but the overall inside was great but very expensive!!

The Costa Serena cruise ship

I knew before I got on the ship that it was fairly old, but you could call it tired!! I had to be carried in my chair on to the ship as usual! We got on the ship at 4pm but wasn't allowed in to our rooms till 8pm!! When we eventually got to our room the door was very small! (I knew it wasn't a disabled room)We got into the room ( I had to get out of my chair and hobble in!) small was an understatement! It was a shock after the hotel. From the bed to the balcony was one step! The bathroom was the smallest I had ever seen on a cruise ship! You could only squeeze one person at a time in which when it came to helping me have a shower was like a comedy sketch!
The ship it's self was like a tardis! There was a good amount of lifts and our room was right next to a lift. We had a table in the main restaurant right close to the door. The theatre was a let down no special allocated disabled section. The buffet restaurant was only open in the morning & lunchtime but was very good as it had reserved seats for disabled guests. The ship was well set out on deck with good room to move about with the sunbeds. Only let down was amount of public toilets for disabled guests. We both agreed we wouldn't go on this ship again.

Dubai

We both loved Dubai, it's a modern and still growing. We went up the Burj Khalifa, it's the tallest building in the world and it's the building Tom Cruise was outside of in the film 'Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol' The public who go on the tour are taken as far as the 124th floor. But the hotel kindly arranged a V.I.P tour for myself & Hubby and we where taken to the 144th floor! We had a special welcome when we got there with drinks and nibbles! We felt like someone important. The views are amazing you are literally in the clouds! (Will add photo's when sorted!). We also did a helicopter tour of the palm again kindly arranged by the hotel which we will never forget, we saw the palm in all it's glory and the world islands that are still being built on and the Burj Al Arab the 6* hotel shaped like a sail. Dubai is a modern growing city and is for the most disabled friendly. My Husband and I have both agreed we will go back to see it in a few years. The whole place is breath taking and at night the view from our hotel balcony blew us away, we both agreed we couldn't get bored of that view. I would recommend going there. I can't wait to share the photo's with you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #56600 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Dubai Holiday
You sound like you had a great time. So is Dubai the best place in the world for wheelchair access?

More
9 years 1 month ago #56602 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Dubai Holiday
I'd say it's a close 2nd to the USA but Dubai is still growing and I hope it will carry on getting it right for disabled people. The people still have a lot to learn! The taxi drivers love to throw my wheelchair in the boot so when we got to our destination we had to check over the Wheelchair! And they drive like F1 drivers and watch out if anything is in there way! They are also horn addicts!!

More
9 years 1 month ago #56606 by Karl
Is it true you cant get drunk in Dubai?

More
9 years 1 month ago #56614 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Dubai Holiday
Outside of the hotels yes! Also there is no gambling in Dubai, Couples are not allowed to hold hands, kiss and fornicate! And women have to have their arms covered and their legs covered!!

More
9 years 1 month ago #56617 by Karl
I think I would be in jail on the 1st day lol

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds