logolong

Riu Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria

More
2 years 4 months ago #70162 by BUBBADOG14
Well to start I have to be honest this wasn't the usually quality hotel we stop in but as a quick holiday to get away from the doom and gloom of Covid it did the trick! The weather was in the high 20's which is normal for the Canary Islands in early November. The hotel room was nice but not an adapted room, I could get the wheelchair through the door with a couple of bruised knuckles! The shower was a walk in which all the rooms had. I used a chair off the balcony to sit when showering, the toilet well I have to say it was the lowest toilet I have ever had to sit on! And sadly no grab rails. The rooms where nice. The food on offer was okay I managed to find something to eat most nights, talking to a couple we met who come here evert year the selection less thsn normal due to shortage of staff due to Covid, we ate 2 nights at the Chinese restaurant on site and the food was a lot better, there is also an Canarian restaurant on site. There are 5 pools and an indoor pool one of the outside pools is an infinity pool and one outdoor pool is heated. There are 2 snack bars for lunch outside one 'pepes snack bar' is a grab and eat on your sunbed! \there are 3 bars outside Our favorite the purple bar looked out over the sea, it was freezing at night there but the entertainment was the best there. There are 2 disabled toilets outside one was so small I couldn't get my wheelchair in it, I told the management it needs work!! There was a promenade on the sea front that took you to the nearest bars and restaurants but there was work going on to replace the paths to smooth tiles, we can say it does need  changing due to a lot of potholes! We had to wear a mask inside the reception and the restaurant and at the bar but otherwise mask free. Over all the hotel was nice but due to the changes in food quality due to Covid we couldn't give it star quality it properly deserves so : ***/*****

AIRPORT
The airports where not as full as usual due to Covid and limited flights the Assistance area was a ghost town so we got fast tracked quickly, there where not as many shops, food or bars open and the Costa coffee we had a drink and food at Birmingham on the way out had a very limited selection of food choices. We wore a mask in the airport on the plane (which was full on the way out but not coming home they only had 50% capacity). The airport in Gran Canara was busier but hardly any shops open but to be honest the staff didn't know their arse from their elbows! They broke a part off my wheelchair by not putting a strap round the handle so it didn't fall over which it did!! And they hadn't arranged a taxi to the hotel for me!  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #70166 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Riu Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria
it looks really nice

More
2 years 4 months ago #70168 by Garryb10
looks nice 
great to have the break and the change for a while 

More
2 years 4 months ago #70177 by BUBBADOG14

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds