logolong

Transfer from manual wheelchair into aircraft

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #72496 by bigman
My last 4 or 5 flights overseas I wheel near the door of the aircraft and am expected to seat myself at the dolly like carrier on inside of aircraft. The problem is, the ramp leading up to the aircraft differs in height than the aircraft. I have to position my backside as near the dooly as possible then hop up on the dooly. If the ramp and aircreft door were at the same level, things would be much eaiser. To people walking on the plane it matters very little, to me it matters a lot. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #72506 by bigman
Want others to talk about flying longer distances, another important issue is use of the washrooms

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #72515 by BUBBADOG14
I fly short distances usually twice a year. I always sort with the travel company accessability dept to prebook my seats so I'm at the front of the plane or as near as possible so can get to washroom easy. I'm visually disabled. impaired as well mobility

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #72524 by bigman
Most difficult for me is moving onto the dollie and using the washroom. A flight to Hong Kong, I used jar to relieve myself, afterward my partner will take to washroom and empty.
I do the same when I am on my own for my approximately 7 trips to Thailand. As a point of interest even though I find the ladies extremely attractive, I have never been together with a professional. Most of my time is spent wheeling around exploring.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #72527 by BUBBADOG14
I really love Thailand would love to go back one day soon after my hips and other joints have been fixed.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds