logolong

ACTION MOVIES, A NEW VISION

More
10 years 7 months ago #49288 by MINERVA
usually I don't like the films with a lot of action, but yesterday I went to the cinema and the film that I wanted to watch there wasn't there, so I watched a film called "world war z" with brad Pitt. I thought that film would be a action tipycal film with a famous actor, a movie commercial and boring, but the surprise was that film had a great script, very original, interesting and entertaining. The film compare the zombies with a disease, a big pandemy, and the answer is not guns and force and the army, on the contrary, the solution is in the intelligence and science..."more better skill than strength".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58544 by drumroar
i am going to go see ant man this week end

More
8 years 7 months ago #58547 by BUBBADOG14
That looks quiet good! Tell us what you think when you've seen it.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58556 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic ACTION MOVIES, A NEW VISION
Ant man movie is not really good, a bit slow, not much action and the story is naff

More
8 years 7 months ago #58562 by Will
Replied by Will on topic ACTION MOVIES, A NEW VISION

MINERVA wrote: usually I don't like the films with a lot of action, but yesterday I went to the cinema and the film that I wanted to watch there wasn't there, so I watched a film called "world war z" with brad Pitt. I thought that film would be a action tipycal film with a famous actor, a movie commercial and boring, but the surprise was that film had a great script, very original, interesting and entertaining. The film compare the zombies with a disease, a big pandemy, and the answer is not guns and force and the army, on the contrary, the solution is in the intelligence and science..."more better skill than strength".

I must admit that I am not a 'great' fan of 'action' movies - too often they can suffer from a 'style over substance' deficiency.
It's wrong to generalise, of course and some 'classics' are out there. Maybe things are slowly getting better. I have recently watched a few kids / family films on Youtube, unofficial, probably pirated, but I don't think 'they' can do much about you watching! I have probably been out of circulation for too long but the stuff I watched wasn't bad i.m.h.o. "Boov" is a pretty good tale about loyalty and friendship. "The Guardians" - features Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and the main protagonist, Jack Frost. You may straight away dismiss this concept / scenario as fodder for simple minds. I didn't find it so. Fast paced, quite witty and with a 'satisfying' conclusion I thought. Finally (for now!) I have to mention "Mr. Peabody" about an intelligent dog who adopts an orphan boy. I think what I watched on Youtube was a 'rip' of a tv kids special, or a minor cinema release. Again, I found it witty, quite literate in places, with a few historical references (the 'heros' use a time machine). I learned a few things! I may be just a big kid at heart, but I also think that things are 'moving on'.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58566 by BUBBADOG14
There are a lot of rubbish movies out there but now and again a gem of a movie comes a long. Many of you know I'm a horror movie fan (big time!) And I recently saw a really good horror movie called 'Annabelle' it was really good and it linked on to another horror movie called 'The Conjuring' that was also a very good movie. And both movies where true stories. So those are my 2 gems.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds