logolong

Do we need this

More
15 years 1 month ago #20624 by Dorrie
Do we need this was created by Dorrie
This is a very touchy subject.
Do we feel that Abortion Information should be advertised.Are some people using it as a form of birth control.
Do our young people have all the information they need, without bombarding our TV screens with it.
Whatever our personal views are on this subject, do we want it on our screens???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #20625 by
Replied by on topic Re:Do we need this
Dorrie wrote:

Do we feel that Abortion Information should be advertised.Are some people using it as a form of birth control.
Do our young people have all the information they need, without bombarding our TV screens with it.
Whatever our personal views are on this subject, do we want it on our screens???

We have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the developed world...Most seem to treat it as a carrer move,with all the social support ( housing plus richest benefit payments in Western civilisation)
Holland had the same problem ,then decided to remove support in total......Rates dropped by 72 per cent....Coincidence..I think not...When are we going to wise up xxxx :ohmy: :(

More
15 years 1 month ago #20749 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Do we need this
tonypark wrote:

Dorrie wrote:

We have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the developed world...Most seem to treat it as a carrer move,with all the social support ( housing plus richest benefit payments in Western civilisation)
Holland had the same problem ,then decided to remove support in total......Rates dropped by 72 per cent....Coincidence..I think not...When are we going to wise up xxxx :ohmy: :(

while I agree with you Tony that what you have said do's make them think that it is alright because the state will look after them
I really must say in defence of them that what we as the growing ups and the state do is not helping..
they are bombarded with sex at a young age in school
they see all these adverts promoting goods with sex.. perfumes drinks food ect ect
on tv they have films, comedy, sitcomes, and so on all with sex violence and swearing
the comedins and the music world use sex and swearing
they go on the internet and can see it all
they can buy games with all the things I have said
WE the grown ups have been over the yrs losing are own moral and therefore have not set examples for the young..
I truly dont have the answer to it all.. I hope in someway that the young ones I come into contact with are showing some good examples.. I am certainly not a prude and I have done a few daft things in my life

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #20755 by
ducky wrote:

tonypark wrote:

Dorrie wrote:

while I agree with you Tony that what you have said do's make them think that it is alright because the state will look after them
I really must say in defence of them that what we as the growing ups and the state do is not helping..
they are bombarded with sex at a young age in school
they see all these adverts promoting goods with sex.. perfumes drinks food ect ect
on tv they have films, comedy, sitcomes, and so on all with sex violence and swearing
the comedins and the music world use sex and swearing
they go on the internet and can see it all
they can buy games with all the things I have said
WE the grown ups have been over the yrs losing are own moral and therefore have not set examples for the young..
I truly dont have the answer to it all.. I hope in someway that the young ones I come into contact with are showing some good examples.. I am certainly not a prude and I have done a few daft things in my life

I agree we ..as a nation...have no moral standards and if our Role models are to be people like Big Brother contestants ..winners of X Factor....Then we have no hope of improving it...I also believe that examples cant be given by our so-called leaders...They are just thieves,war mongers and sexual perverts ( :blink: )
Then we also become the nanny state ....Its not working in my book......Add to this the fact that there are less and less working tax payers and some realy hard decisions will have to be made...Top of my list would be..No more free meal tickets..If you make your bed..you can buy it..plus the sheets...and lie in it xxxx :whistle:

More
15 years 1 month ago #20835 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Do we need this
I agree my friend about what you say and you seem to agree with a lot of what I say..
I was not putting dowm mine, my childrens, or my granchildrens generations ..there will have to be a lot of tough descions..I have in my life time seen the good and the bad side of things.. I had no answers to it all then and have none now xx:unsure:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #20876 by
ducky wrote:

I agree my friend about what you say and you seem to agree with a lot of what I say..
I was not putting dowm mine, my childrens, or my granchildrens generations ..there will have to be a lot of tough descions..I have in my life time seen the good and the bad side of things.. I had no answers to it all then and have none now xx:unsure:

But the one constant is...we are collecting less taxes from fewer taxpayers..There comes a time when the Gravy-Train stops xxxx Either that or Im off to France xxxx ;)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds