logolong

Moans and Groans

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #26440 by
Moans and Groans was created by
Or in other words, a place to let off steam.

OK people, we all know that life is frequently unfair, although whoever said life was supposed to be fair?

I have done some major moaning here in the last couple of days, probably because I had nowhere else and no-one else to talk to about things.

Without wanting this thread to become a totally miserable \"why me\" thread, how about using this thread for those times when you feel fed up to the back teeth with something, or you've stubbed your toe yet again, or dropped and broken yet another plate, and then say how you managed to cope with whatever it was?

And if you just can't cope, this might be a nice place to come and have a moan and groan and ask for a cyber hug or three.

What say you all?

Gandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #26939 by
Replied by on topic Re:Moans and Groans
It's just so easy to say \"scroll on by\" when something diabolical is said, but it isn't so easy to do it, is it.

I'm trying to defend my religion on one board, and trying to defend my country on another one [both boards being part of a major group of public messageboards].

Trying to defend my religious dietary restrictions when people don't understand or want to know why these restrictions are there, and why I keep to them.

Sitting on my hands when people attack my religion and my Country.

And absolutely no way I can say what I really want to say.

This isn't a rant, it's just how things are getting me down, hence I've posted it on this thread.

Even if no-one reads it, at least I know I can say how I feel without being shat upon from a great height.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #26946 by
The world is full of ill educated bigots who have an orgasm at the idea they have upset someone with their filth.....
I treat these people with contempt for what they are...I remove any interest and they Die along with All the other Scum who feed from the bottom of the sewer they live in.....
These people have no life...no quality of living..so they try to bring down others.....I would only ever Piss on them xxxx :ohmy: :evil:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #26966 by
Tony, when you are at the receiving end, and you thought you had gotten away from the anti-Semitism when leaving the UK, it isn't so easy to just sit on your hands while others curse your religion.

And, of course, curse my Country.

Sorry - I know I should keep away from those boards but if I am not there to try to defend myself, my religion and my Country,

who else is there to do so?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #26973 by
Gandra...If I see someone being attacked or abused in the street..I will always asist without hesitation.
If these bigots go onto the streets of any civilised nation and spout their garbage...they would be arrested because civilised people wont put up with it..
The problem with ill educated bigots is they firmly believe what they are spouting is fact....When in govenment it gets serious...as with Hitler....Sadam Hussein....both dead and deservedly so.....
Without an audiance they whither and die......You and your religion and Country will never need to defend yourselves against civilised people xxxx ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #26982 by
It's strange. I joke here on the various word threads, and yet I am Orthodox and would never do so in Real Life.

Maybe this is a way of letting out my inner self?

Who knows.

But I am fiercely proud of my religion and of my Country, and I have a large flag flying proud outside my home all the time.

Why? Well, the custom is to put out a flag just after Pesah [Passover] ends, and keep it out until Shavuot [The Feast of Weeks]. Because in the middle there are - ach, this is not the place to explain what we do and why, is it.

Only when the last war started for some unknown reason I got out my flag - it's a fairly large one on a broom handle, and I tied it to one of the scaffolding poles that hold up my solar boiler.

And it will stay up until it is in shreds, and then I will replace it with a new one.

Why?

Because I want to.

And because I can.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds