logolong

The Wrong Funeral

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #3032 by
The Wrong Funeral was created by
Believe it or not,but every word is true....A very old friend (from school years)of my mother (she has Dimentia) died suddenly and her son asked if we would attend the funeral....As my mother is in no fit state ,I replied that I would attend on her behalf.
At the appointed time,me in car park,the procession arrived...I followed in at the rear...The service was in full swing and hymns were sung and words were said.Then vicar stood up and described the bereaved as Lucy ( my funeral was for a Lui)and her life story...I went cold...then at the right time (during a hymn)nipped out the back.......Saw a guy in black and told two funerals were going on at same time.......Should I have gone back for sausage rolls and realy have brazened it out...
Have any of you made such a gaff ???? xxxxxx;) :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3055 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:The Wrong Funeral
Sorry Tony but I was laughing at your story. You should sell it to peter kay.

Once I laughed in a funeral. It was an old school mate. Vicar was talking about youth club days it brought back happy memories so I laughed for a second oops:blush:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #3059 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Wrong Funeral
I laugh about it now Karl....but at the time I went cold ....Mind you..the wrong funeral attendees were far better dressed....I bet their buffet was more substantial xxx LOL xxxxxxxxxx;) :)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds