logolong

New modern crutches!

More
11 years 9 months ago #44954 by BUBBADOG14
A long time ago I saw an advert regarding trendy coloured walking crutches that a company had brought out. Instead of your normal grey NHS crutches this company had brought out coloured crutches (Black, Blue,Pink,Red, mixed)And they had a choice of grips and cuffs. They where not cheap ranging from £50-£100.I had kept the advert on my fav list and it was on my wish list to have a smart pair of crutches.
As you know I've been poorly for a while lately with this flare up and felt really low because of it. Well my wonderful hubby knew I needed cheering up and only went and brought me some coloured crutches some black ones! They are 'amaze balls!' :woohoo: Very comfy have a ball joint so the cuff moves with ease. The hand grip is extra comfy. A million times better than the NHS ones!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44963 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: New modern crutches!
What a wonderful hubby you have! Even if you hurt, being cheered up by your new crutches is bound to help! Enjoy!

More
11 years 9 months ago #44972 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: New modern crutches!
He is! I'm blessed to have him, I still can't believe I'm married to him and he hasn't headed for the front door since I was diagnosed!

More
11 years 3 months ago #46576 by galeforce81
I really need some of those as the NHS ones are killing my hands and making it even harder to stay mobile. Even if i could just find something to put over the hand grips.

Have to say im not very good with computers and don't have PAYPAL or any other way of paying online, so its even harder.

More
11 years 3 months ago #46587 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Re: New modern crutches!
You could find the name on ebay of the company who sells them and buy them online or over telephone. You could goggle the name coloured crutches and find them that way. I know people who put sponge round the hand grips for comfort and they say it helps.

More
11 years 3 months ago #46593 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: New modern crutches!
It does help. I got a standard issue pair of crutches several years ago after spraining an ankle. I wrapped the grip with layers of craft foam and duct tape. Much better. And when I returned the crutches to the clinic the nurses were impressed and thought if they had the time to do it, they would do other ones as well, especially for the kids.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds