logolong

Disabled life

More
9 years 9 months ago #54493 by basketball2
Replied by basketball2 on topic Disabled life
hi, That's great saying or Motto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #54494 by basketball2
Replied by basketball2 on topic Disabled life
I think Lack of employment opportunities, I think able people so call they never ver see or try if people with disability can do the work, they just generalize all people with disability always lack of ability to work.

More
9 years 9 months ago #54538 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Disabled life
What I'm dealing with now is my fibromyalgia and degenerative disk pain getting worse. This isn't like a flare up and then it gets better. It's just plain getting worse. I find that I can't do many of the things with my hands that I used to be able to do even a year ago. I keep having to narrow the perimeters of what I do.

Emotionally I'm not dealing well with this at all. Also having depression, I do find myself dealing with suicidal thoughts in spite of taking antidepressant medications. It SUCKS!!!

I find myself listening to music a lot from a time in my life when things were better. It helps. Some. But I do wonder, is this how it's going to be? Just endless worsening pain? What kind of quality of life is this?

More
9 years 9 months ago #54545 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Disabled life
Jana please Private message me if you want just to talk and see if we can set your depression on a better course. Pain is a way of live when you have an disability/illness I'm afraid, you just have to find a way to manage it with both medication and emotions. If you can find something that takes you away mentally a game, book, music or movie that can help or even hypnotherapy has been used a lot to help pain management. Also meditation has been used in pain management. I know it's hard because I go through this myself almost every couple of months. My pain management recently has been my rugrats! They are at that age where they want your attention when they are awake! It's either fuss or play and lately Arnie has got a new favourite game, chasing stones! Yes you heard right my CAT Arnie loves chasing stones!! I have to find some good sized stones and through them across the garden and he will chase then come back and meow at me to throw another! I do this until I'm whacked because he could play it all day given the chance! So it's all about finding something that works for you.

More
9 years 9 months ago #54546 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Disabled life
I forgot to add that a TENS machine is also good for helping pain I've used one in the past and it does ease pain for a while.

More
9 years 6 months ago #55550 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Disabled life
Looking back to the start of this thread unemployment is a most usually caused by ignorance on the part of potential employers rather than illness/disability. Poorly achieved education tends to be a major contributing and limiting factor for those whose schooldays were interrupted. During my time in special schools underachievement was assumed by those teaching.
As to sex, or its absence, this varies with the severity of the disability or illness and the individual's self-confidence and ingenuity. Sometime we are compelled to jettison acquired ethics and explore the possibilities. I wont go further as I may be accused of vulgarity.
Marriage, for what its worth, is available to any couple though not easily attained in a number of cases I admit. Offspring may or may not be in question but that is a matter between the marriage partners. I have been married and divorced twice and have a son and a daughter.
A normal life is vastly overrated, normalcy often equates to a stultifying lack of imagination. Striving to be as much of an individual as possible while avoiding becoming a bloody nuisance to others is more likely to lead to joy.
I have been lucky and I admit that too; I never wanted to ape anyone, wanting only the freedom to be myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pamten

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds