logolong

A Scoliosis magazine featured my Scoliosis story!

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #68699 by SarahlouiseUK
On Saturday, in the post, I received the latest issue of a magazine called Backbone (a Scoliosis magazine. Scoliosis is a condition I was born with). In June I emailed SAUK (UK Scoliosis organisation) to ask them if they would feature my Scoliosis story and they have. It is only a short story that I wrote.

This is my Scoliosis story. I was born with it. I wore a corset brace for a while, when I was at school. After a while I didn't need to wear it anymore. Years a go, a doctor said it would be too dangerous for me to have surgery so I didn't have it. I am short in stature for my age because of Scoliosis. I can walk but when I go out I use a wheelchair (one that someone pushes me in) because I get tired walking. Every 4 or 8 months, (depends if my results are good) I have lung function appointments at a hospital. I am short in stature for my age because of Scoliosis.

My Facebook disability blog page is called See the person, not just the condition/disability www.facebook.com/mescoliosisdisability
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by SarahlouiseUK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #68701 by Karl

More
5 years 6 months ago #68705 by BUBBADOG14
Congratulations on your story being published in backbone magazine! It's good that peoples stories be told to help others in the same situation. Thank you for letting us know.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds