logolong

What is the best way to spread the news to...

More
16 years 7 months ago #593 by Mystery-Man
What is the best way to spread the news to the whole world about www.amnesty.org/ to raise awareness of human rights abuse. I understand that the Chinese government banned this website, what is the best way to convince the Chinese government to life the ban???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #594 by suzan
yo, thats a huge question!!!!!!:S
human rights is something that is aaaabused the world over. seems like all governments forget the person, and focus too much on keeping the large international companies happy, whilst down on the ground the little people get forgotten. and hurt and tortured and abused.

this world seems to be about money.:angry:
people arent important anymore.:angry:

More
16 years 7 months ago #596 by Mystery-Man
Hello Suzan,
I don't intend to change the world, and I don't even think I could do much of anything to change what the big Government do. Yes, I agree with you that the government abuses people for the sake of money, but other government also abuse their citizens for their religious, or political view points. My goal is to enable people all over the world to be aware of the situations, and if they would write to these government officials and complain about it, that would be so much better. My ultimate goal is to see the Chinese Government to lift the ban on this website of www.amnesty.org/ . I really don't think I can realize this goal in my life time, but you can bet I am trying my best to do just that.
Bye,
Damien<br><br>Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/02 10:25

More
16 years 7 months ago #615 by suzan
thanks for putting up that linkk...id never been there before..and theres so much info on it.......

wot i do know is that the reports for some of the african countries are only scratching the surface of the abuse that is normal day-to-day life to the residents in those countries......(not only by the governments but also engrained within the cultural life there.........particularly true regarding the position of women there)....

...so i daresay that is true of what is reported regarding china as well.

i dont like seeing access to sites like amnesty being restricted either, but what can be done? and what is being done?

:S pretty heavy topic this !!!:unsure:

More
16 years 6 months ago #616 by Mystery-Man
i dont like seeing access to sites like amnesty being restricted either, but what can be done? and what is being done?

There is really not much that we can do except to appeal to the government to lift the restrictions. And, that is exactly what I have been doing. Trying to ask people to donate a few minutes of their time to appeal to the Chinese government. As a single individual, what I can do is very limited, but if we all do it collectively, I think the Chinese government ought to listen.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds