logolong

chatroom question

More
16 years 6 months ago #720 by skipper
chatroom question was created by skipper
Is the chatroom used very often, here? It should be; it's a fine chatroom. :side:

Gary aka bulldawg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #722 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:chatroom question
This website is not really that popular yet, that's one of the reason why the chatroom is not being used very often. But give it some time, I am sure as more and more people join and as the membership increases, the chatroom will become more and more popular.<br><br>Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/16 00:05

More
16 years 6 months ago #739 by skipper
Replied by skipper on topic Re:chatroom question
I'm sure this site will grow, w/ time. Here's a suggestion to those who can't get into the chatroom: Try different browsers until you find one that works. IE7 works fine for me or you can try Firefox, Netscape, Yahoo, Google, etc...

More
16 years 6 months ago #740 by Mystery-Man
Yep, IE7 seems to work fine with me too. I also have Opera, but I have not try that with this website yet.

More
16 years 6 months ago #742 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:chatroom question
i really dont know what my problem iz !!!!! id love to be able to chat there.

i presume by browser you mean the bit that says ablehere.ccom- micrsftinternet ex provided by wanadoo??
how do i change browser???... i can see the chat room but it connects with an error on thee page...so i type ,press send and nothing happens.

ive got windows 2000, updated as much as i can find to update.......i can get into other chat rooms.

if you have any ideas , pleeze help me, but use very basic computer language if you do!!!!!!!

i go there logged in, at the bottom of the page it says \&quot;you need to log in or register to view this resource\&quot;......i press register and it tells me i am not authorized to view resource!!!\&quot;

im not stupid, but i certainly feel that way !!!:(

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 6 months ago #743 by Mystery-Man
Susan, you are certainly NOT stupid. I am not really that much more knowledgeable than you are, really.

Browser: Short for Web browser, a software application used to locate and display Web pages. The two most popular browsers are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Both of these are graphical browsers, which means that they can display graphics as well as text. In addition, most modern browsers can present multimedia information, including sound and video, though they require plug-ins for some formats.

www.webopedia.com/TERM/B/browser.html

Most people use either Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 (IE7) or Netscape Navigator.

You can download Internet Explorer here if you wish:

www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

Or, you may wish to download Netscape Navigator 9.0 here:

browser.netscape.com/

Bear in mind that since these are the two most popular browsers, you are more likely to get infected with viruses and spywares than with the other less popular browsers. And, remember these two browsers are very large and may take a while to download. If you also wish to download a \&quot;smaller\&quot; and less popular browser such as Opera, and you may download it here:

www.opera.com/

The main disadvange of having one of these smaller browsers is that some websites may not support them, such as certain financial institutions, and I don't even know if AbleHere support them.

Currently, I am using both Internet Explorer 7 and Opera. You may always send email messages to respective members from here at AbleHere if you choose to. Its entirely up to you. Good luck!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds