logolong

chatroom question

More
16 years 6 months ago #770 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:chatroom question
Yep, take your computer to an IT hospital and have it examine and treat by some real expert sounds like an excellent idea. I hope your computer will get well soon. I wish you luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #771 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:chatroom question
Is it only the chatroom problem with your pc? If so I wouldn't bother and save your pennies.

I think its your Windows 2000 or Security settings.

More
16 years 6 months ago #776 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:chatroom question
:huh: yes karl, it is only this chatroom that i am having problems with...:unsure:

but the experience has been worth going through, coz im learning loads, and chatting here has been nice :silly:

now i have two browsers,.....something called ?panda? wotz this?it came with opera....but no security.......so next is putting on that..:)

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 6 months ago #780 by Mystery-Man
When I downloaded the Opera browser, I don't remember of seeing anything about \"Panda\". I think you may have either downloaded an anti-spyware called Panda ( www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/ ), or possibly downloaded Firefox, and another name for Firefox is \"Red Panda\". www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/firefox-name-faq.html
Oh by the way, I don't think the anti-spyware Panda is that great. You are better off using AVG or some other anti-spyware, but that is just my opinion. Please see: www.techsupportforum.com/security-center...ng-browser-help.html

More
16 years 6 months ago #782 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:chatroom question
doent know where panda came from. !!!! i certainly didnt mean to download it...it appeared with opera.............am researching wwot to put on for security.....THanx for yr links.:)

i dont really like pandas, prefer kaolas myself !:P

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 6 months ago #806 by Mystery-Man
Sounds to me like you somehow downloaded the antivirus program called \"Panda\" ( www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/ )
For security, I personally prefer AVG antivirus and AVG antispyware. ( free.grisoft.com/ ) they are both free and are very effective. I also use the Norton Spyware that comes with Yahoo toolbar ( toolbar.yahoo.com/ ), and \"Windows Defender\" that I downloaded from Microsoft. ( www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx ). Additionally, I also have AVAST! ( www.avast.com/ ) for my antivirus arsenal. Be sure to run these programs one at a time, or else you might risk crashing your computer.
I have not heard much pros or cons about Panda so I can't really comment on it.

Panda vs. Koala:

Panda...
The Giant Panda is an endangered animal; an estimated 2,000 pandas live in the wild[2][3] and over 180 were reported to live in captivity by August 2006 in mainland China[3] (another source by the end of 2006 put the figure for China at 221[4]), with twenty pandas living outside of China.[citation needed] Reports show that the numbers of wild panda are on the rise.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_panda

The Koala inhabits four Australian states. Under state legislation, the species is listed as:

Queensland - Common, or \"Least Concern Wildlife\" throughout the state, except in the relatively small South East Queensland Bioregion, where it is listed as Vulnerable.[11]
New South Wales - listed at a state scale as vulnerable, but varying regionally from \"secure\" to \"locally extinct\".[12]
South Australia - classified as Rare.[13]
Victoria - The koala population in Victoria is considered \"large and thriving\".[14]
A review of the species national conservation status concluded that the koala are not threatened at a national scale, with a population that numbers in the hundreds of thousands.[15] This was the third review undertaken by the federal government that came to this conclusion. The IUCN lists the species as \"Lower Risk / Near Threatened\".[2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala

Though I am applying for immigration here in Australia, and though I strongly disagree with the Chinese for not respecting human rights, I still prefer Pandas much better, simply because Pandas are considered to be an endangered species, but not Koala bears.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds