logolong

Indication of new posts on a forum section.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #35782 by
Yes I know I have been away for quite a while and everything has changed here, but when I click on Forum and see the list of different categories, there is absolutely nothing to indicate whether or not there is a new post on it, in any section of it.

I see General, with a load of sections.

I see Lifestyle, with a load of sections.

And so on and so forth.

But on none of them is there any indication of a new thread/post, and there was before the Forum changed.

I am fairly experienced with different websites/fora/message boards, and even though I stopped posting on here due to personal circumstances, prior to that I had posted regularly. And it was easy to see at a quick glance whether any category/section/thread had a new subject and/or post.

Now? It is like wading through treacle.

Karl hun, if you are still around at any time, please let me why it is not possible to indicate new threads/posts on each category/section.

Ta muchly and mwahsville

Gandra x

Oh, and isn't there a Preview facility any more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #35783 by BUBBADOG14
It says 'new' in green above, i.e...Lifestyle header above the header it will say 'new 1' It isn't easy to see. Hope that helps :). BUBBADOG14

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #35793 by

BUBBADOG14 wrote: It says 'new' in green above, i.e...Lifestyle header above the header it will say 'new 1' It isn't easy to see. Hope that helps :). BUBBADOG14

OK, thanks. I see that now.

But - I still cannot see if there is any way to go to first unread post, or if there is such a facility.

There is also no PREVIEW setting which means submitting and then having to edit if something is incorrect.

In addition, how on earth do I insert an image? I managed it on my first post here yesterday but no matter what I do now it just comes up as the img or url code and not the actual picture.

One other thing - if I follow the link from the email telling me there has been a response to my post, the forum opens on another tab and I have to log in again, even though I ticked to be remembered and never actually log out.

As I already have two windows open, each with seven or eight tabs - including having Able Here on one tab, why is it asking me to log in each time?

Sorry, but I don't remember having this problem with the old set up, and I don't have it on any other forum. So need to get this one sorted before I can get to grips with it again.

Thanks.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #35824 by BUBBADOG14
You need Karl to help you with those other problems! I'm afraid I'm useless with any technical stuff! Sorry :sick: !
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by BUBBADOG14.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #35828 by

BUBBADOG14 wrote: You need Karl to help you with those other problems! I'm afraid I'm useless with any technical stuff! Sorry :sick: !

No problem

I think...

I just have to get used to the way this new layout wotsit works...

More
12 years 9 months ago #35846 by Karl

Gandra wrote:

BUBBADOG14 wrote: It says 'new' in green above, i.e...Lifestyle header above the header it will say 'new 1' It isn't easy to see. Hope that helps :). BUBBADOG14

But - I still cannot see if there is any way to go to first unread post, or if there is such a facility.

Not yet!
In addition, how on earth do I insert an image? I managed it on my first post here yesterday but no matter what I do now it just comes up as the img or url code and not the actual picture.

In the boardcode section!
One other thing - if I follow the link from the email telling me there has been a response to my post, the forum opens on another tab and I have to log in again, even though I ticked to be remembered and never actually log out.

You have found an error, well done.. I will fix it soon.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds