any fresh cooked chicken or turkey,
1 onion,
1 carrot,
half packet of yellow split peas,
1 parsnip,
1 med--large potatto,
1 turnip,
hand full of frozen peas,

1}when the water is on a soft boil add half a packet of split peas.turn down the heat and simmer you must stir them a few times at first to prevent the split peas from sticking

2}remove any skin or bones from meat cut to a reasonable size and put in the pan

3)as with all the veg remove the skins wash and dice into small cubes,

4)stir the split peas,add chicken and veg stir lightly to mix cover pan with lid and cook for about 1hr,
rember to give a stir now and again,

when the veg is cooked to your likeing add half an chicken oxo cube simmer a further few minutes,

if you prefure you veg crispy let the split peas cook longer befor you add your veg.

add a small amount of cicken gravey to the thickness of your choice:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #33885 by teddy
HI FROM TEDDY
FOR ALL YOU FOOD LOVERS OUT THERE HERE IS A QUICK AND REALLY IDIOT PROOF CHICKEN/TURKEY/CHIKEN AND HAM PIE
WHEN SAYING IDIOT I WASN'T REFERING TO YOU MR PARKS CAUSE YOU KNOW I LOVES YA LOL:woohoo: ANYWAY BACK TO THE PIE

YOU NEED READ ROLLED SHEETS OF PUFF PASTRY SOUP OF YOUR CHOICE MUST BE BACHELORS CONDENSED SOUP I USE 2 TINS CREAM OF CHICKEN SOME TIMES MUSHROOM ECT AND OF COURSE YOUR LEFT OVER CHICKEN

1. PLACE YOUR LEFT OVER COOKED CHICKEN IN THEN BOTTOM OF A SUTIBLE COOKING DISH

2. THEN POUR OVER THE 2 TINS OF SOUP DEPENDING ON THE AMMOUNT OF CHICKEN YOU HAVE

3 THEN SLIGHTLY SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER

4. THEN LAY ON TOP THE PRE-ROLLED PASTRY PUSHINING THE PASTRY TO EDGE WITH A FOLK

5. MAKE A SMALL HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PIE FOR HEAT TO ESCAPE AS WELL AS AIR SO PIE DOES NOT BUBLE
EGG WASH AND COOK ON 180 FOR 20-25 MINS DEPENDING ON OVEN SERVE HOT WITH SEASONAL VEG AND A RICH CHICHEN GRAVEY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #33895 by
Hi Teddy...Youve brought a tea to my eye as my Boxing Day Special is spending most of the morning making about 2 gallons of Turkey Broth...Best meal bar non in my book..with fresh baked thich bread ;) ;)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds