logolong

N.H.S Meltdown!

More
7 years 8 months ago #62590 by BUBBADOG14
N.H.S Meltdown! was created by BUBBADOG14
Now I'm usually a big fan of the N.H.S as they have helped me so many times with my health problems (and as we know there are a lot of problems!) But since the beginning of this month I have been hitting brick walls with our health service over trying to chase up an appointment I'm waiting for.
I started to notice there are major problems with our N.H.S trust when I noticed Consultants leaving including my Rheumatologist. Then before I went on holiday a friend of mine who works at the Doctor's surgery told me 2 of the Dr's at the surgery had jumped ship. I came back from holiday expecting a letter with an appointment for me to go to the Royal Orthopaedic hospital to see a consultant about a bone tumour that had been found in my ankle. But there was no letter. I waited a week and chased it up and she told me there was a delay. So I left it. I phoned a couple of times more that has brought me up to today still waiting for the appointment over a month later! I chased it myself to be told my original new consultant has left and I have been referred to another consultant who is currently on holiday and is not back for another week which when he gets back needs to see the M.R.I scans and new report and then will send an appointment for me to see him! I think that will be an epic fail on the 6 week wait for an appointment!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #62637 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic N.H.S Meltdown!
It's the same sorry story everywhere, appointments cancelled, operations cancelled.People are dying waiting to be cured, what a farce. It is no good throwing money at the NHS it is defunct.

RIP NHS :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

More
7 years 7 months ago #62914 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic N.H.S Meltdown!
Yeah I'm afraid you have to be like a terrier, worrying them by phoning up till you get an answer.
I know last year I waited 3 weeks after a dr said "we need to get an op on that hand". Phoned up and they hadn't even written the letter, when it came (marked URGENT) I had to wait 4 mths for the operation..
Now both our MS nurses are leaving so heaven knows what happens then.
Just had a letter cancelling a neurogists appt next year. Seems to be familiar refrain!

More
7 years 7 months ago #62925 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic N.H.S Meltdown!
It is becoming a total nightmare and now the Junior Doctor's have decided to strike!! I've had to arrange my own Orthopaedic appointment as nothing had come through. Next we will be doing our own blood tests and X-Rays!!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds