logolong

Do diabetic patients have a higher risk for complications if they get dental implants?

More
6 years 7 months ago #65881 by cynthy_sousa
Do I have a higher risk for complications if I get dental implants? I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently.
My doctor has advised me to manage my type 2 diabetes by watching my diet, exercising and monitoring my blood glucose level. Also, he has prescribed some medications to follow.
I have been scheduled for the teeth extraction and dental implant from Oshawa on 11th of this month. I had abscessed teeth and I thought of getting dental implants after extraction on the same day. But I'm worried about the situation now. I'm a type 2 diabetes patient and I don't know if I'm a good candidate for this procedure.
While researching online, I saw that an implant placement requires minor surgery and I'm concerned about the recovery time. I have heard that people with poor glucose control, take a longer time to heal after implant placement. For such person, dentists advice controlling their blood glucose level before considering implant restoration.
I have discussed this with my doctor and he advised me to control my blood glucose level before getting dental implants. Also, he advised me to inform the dentist about the same, so that they could be more careful while doing the procedure. I think I have to postpone the date of dental implant procedure. I would like to know if it's safe to extract and get dental implants on the same day. For normal people (without diabetes), it's common, but I would like to know if this can be done for people with type 2 diabetes. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #65882 by themagician1892
here in the UK diabetic's are put before (none diabetic) patients) due to any complications mid-operation procedure's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds