logolong

keeping joints moving!!

More
6 years 1 month ago #67433 by BUBBADOG14
Now I have finished with my Physiotherapy my thoughts have moved to how do I keep my new knee and other joints moving? I learned through the class I actually enjoyed using the exercise bike and thought it was a good tool for helping with my new knee, now I actually miss using the bike and have been thinking about going to a gym to keep my progress up with learning to use the knee and keeping my joints moving, it's a good way to get out of the house and met new people so it's something I certainly will look into.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #67434 by ajay
Replied by ajay on topic keeping joints moving!!
How about hydrotherapy some NHS hospitals used to do that, I don't know if they still do and swimming? Swimming is low impacted that's good for joints :-) It's important to remember not to push yourself to hard and make yourself ill.

More
6 years 1 month ago #67438 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic keeping joints moving!!
Ajay, there used to be 2 hydrotherapy pools by me but now are both closed. I can't go swimming without someone 'buddying' me due to me being Epileptic and finding someone to assist me in the daytime let alone evening is impossible!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR-EGG-HEAD

More
8 months 5 days ago #72708 by jackjharborn
I can totally relate to your concern. To keep my joints moving smoothly, I've found that regular low-impact exercises work wonders. Activities like swimming, cycling, and gentle yoga are great options. They help maintain joint flexibility without putting excessive strain. Additionally, incorporating joint-specific exercises like leg circles and shoulder rolls into my routine has been beneficial. Remember to warm up before any exercise and avoid overdoing it – listen to your body!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds