logolong

Dating people with disabilities

More
15 years 8 months ago #6686 by cheeky_monkey17
This issue for me has come up a lot lately and a few of us was talkin abt it the other nite in the chat room.

I was readin a pervious posts on this and I have to disagree with the statement that 'womesn find it easier to find a parnter' I think it equally hard for both sexes. This comes from pervious experience:

I have recently beenin talk to a guy... we spoke abt my disability and how it effected me... he said he didnt have a problem with it and that it just another part of me... but hes not spoke to me in the same way since... it feels as if these a barrier between us that was never there b4... what makes it worst is that he was diabled himself and now I feel like a 'disabled person cant accept another disabled person'... which makes me wonder will I have find that right person who will accept me for me.
I now find it hard to tell people coz am scared of their reaction but I feel like am bein dishonest if I dont tell them so I do and hope for the best but it seems that the more I try to be honest the more it gets thrown back in my face.
:dry: :blush: :( :huh:

Emma x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6747 by ducky
Emma you come across as a very honest person ..if the man who was also disabled changed then he is not the one for you ..better to find out straight away then be badly hurt later on down the line...anybody can lie..it takes a lot of courage to be honest.. big hugs to you

More
15 years 8 months ago #7329 by cheeky_monkey17
Karl wrote:

Im 35 now and I still looking for the special one who doesn't see my disability as a barrier.

It takes time to find that special person and I no that these still prob a lot of heart ache to come before that time comes if not great.
I see it has if people cant accept my disablity then they cant accept me and if they cant do that then there no worth it. people are no better then anyone else so we sudnt be treated that way and I cant be doin with people that think that they are.

I hope that one day people do find that special person with very minimal heartache and hurt in they life. Every one desevres to find love :D

More
15 years 7 months ago #7939 by TheLadyMagenta
This seems to be a major topic of conversation for all of us at one time or another. People cant see my disability until i actually stand and walk or try to lol. It has made some conversations while out very funny for me. Do i feel bad? Hell no! If some guy thinks my face is attractive and says im great to talk to and sits with me for ages i let him as i always get the last laugh. In my opinion i think personal strenth has a lot to do with it. I dont care for social standing as with the shallow lady Brett met. She,s a fool as that wont get her a nice man at all. I happen to think im a smart intelligent nice person and i reckon if a guy gets me he,ll be happy cos i give my all. Persevere my friends we all have the right and the need to be loved! I hope in the end we all are happy. XX

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #7948 by
TheLadyMagenta wrote:

This seems to be a major topic of conversation for all of us at one time or another. People cant see my disability until i actually stand and walk or try to lol. It has made some conversations while out very funny for me. Do i feel bad? Hell no! If some guy thinks my face is attractive and says im great to talk to and sits with me for ages i let him as i always get the last laugh. In my opinion i think personal strenth has a lot to do with it. I dont care for social standing as with the shallow lady Brett met. She,s a fool as that wont get her a nice man at all. I happen to think im a smart intelligent nice person and i reckon if a guy gets me he,ll be happy cos i give my all. Persevere my friends we all have the right and the need to be loved! I hope in the end we all are happy. XX

Ill raise a Glass in toast to those words xxxx;)

More
15 years 7 months ago #8189 by TheLadyMagenta
And i,ll join you tony hun! XX

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds