logolong

Grand Mal seizuire

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61542 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Grand Mal seizuire
Memories...I've been in more A@E depts than that film crew filing A Day in the life of...
Thankfully I've been fit free for 4 yrs now, but I've had some injuries as well! Usually took me a few days to sleep em off as well.
Drugs wise been on Carbawotsit as well. Changed em a while back.
Are you due a medication review?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 weeks ago #61548 by
Replied by on topic Grand Mal seizuire
I had a seizure three years ago and my doctor put me on Depakote which has controlled the seizures but the side effects are really bothering me it makes me so tired that I have to nap in the afternoon and am not able to accomplish anything I asked my neurologist if there was something else I could take and he is trying to switch me to a medication called Vimpat and the side effects seen more severe on it than the Depakote. So I am asking for any advice on medications or experience that someone may have had thank you in advance.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61552 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
The Carbamazepine has been the best medication I've been on, I spoke with my G.P yesterday and she feels the seizure was due to the bump on my head and has said if I have more grand mal seizures then we will relook at my meds. I'm on so many different medications for my several illnesses that I do feel tired by the afternoon that I do take a siesta in the afternoon.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61557 by ladyship
Nowt wrong wiv siestas! I have to have a sleep in the afternoon due to fatigue or (I am reliably informed) i become a grumpy, half dead, liable to snap your head off kind of zombie!!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61559 by Edwin55
Replied by Edwin55 on topic Grand Mal seizuire
Thank you for the info hun. Carbamazepine is the best drug for me also and like you I take pills all the damn day long. In total I take 11 pills but the most important is the anti-seizural med. I hope you don't have any more bad spells and that your days will be looking up. Keep smiling hun.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61591 by ladyship
A card my kids bought me will bring smiles to anyone on meds..
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds