logolong

No Carbamazepine in stock again!

More
2 years 4 months ago #70225 by BUBBADOG14
I tried to order some Carbamazepine tablets on Monday only to get a note with my medication saying they where to follow. I phoned my Pharmacy yesterday because I only had enough tablets to last me to Sunday so needed the tablets urgently and wanted to know when the stock would be delivered only to be told 'hopefully next week but we hadn't been given a confirmed date!!' So I asked what can I do until you get them in as I need them to control my Epilepsy? I was then then told to call my G.P to ask for a temporary solution, which I did only to be told there was no free G.P's to talk to until next week!! I then broke down in tears asking the receptionist what I was supposed to do? She replied 'speak to the pharmacy!' I called my pharmacy back in floods of tears and they kindly said they would email the G.P's and explain my predicament and ask for a solution. This isn't the 1st time the pharmacy has been without Carbamazepine after talking to my pharmacist I found out it's to do with a mix of limited stock from the producers due to not being in the E.U now and deliver drivers so this could be a problem for a long while.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #70575 by BUBBADOG14
The shortage of Carbamazepine medication is still happening!! I ordered again last week and after waiting as long as I could before I ran out of medication rang my pharmacy and was told yet again they where short and had a strip of 400mg (which they had to hold for emergencies) and what strength I'm on.  And half a box of 200mg in stock, I explained I was very low and waited as long as I could seeing as I ordered last week! He apologized and said he would call the other shops in the area and try and get as much as he could. He called me yesterday morning and said managed to borrow half a box of 400mg for me and they would get to me that afternoon and the rest would be owed to me and I'd get them when the stock gets to them which he had no time scale. Since Brexit and the Virus the whole mediation delivery has gone to pot if your medication comes from a pharmaceutical factory outside the U.K you might as well play put your repeat prescription on the roulette wheel because god knows when you will get it!!  

More
2 years 2 months ago #70578 by Garryb10
some of these important drugs and other things i think countries should be making themselves 
cant always rely on other countries for everything to many things can happen 
its a good way to reduce unemployment too 

More
2 years 2 months ago #70579 by Andywil1970
Thats not always possible many drugs are made in only a couple of locations and are under patent so only one company has the recipe.(i'm n ot sure if this is the case here )but also I know its often not just a case of any firm can make any drug, i work in Pharmaceutical production its a complicated business.they sadly are about profit not helping people(despite what the press offices say haha) so supply issues hurt the people more and only get resolved when it starts to hurt the companys finance

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds