logolong

epilepsy

More
15 years 8 months ago #7320 by bluepeter
epilepsy was created by bluepeter
hi,i went to epilepsy meeting last year in somerset and the doctor told us that people that have long term epilepsy most die in them,so who,s worse of these who have flu and colds or us who have take a day at time,i wonder each day if i have a fit will i come out of it,as i nearly didt last time was rush to hospital,i had mine for 53 years and still fed up with them like most of us,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #7324 by TheLadyMagenta
Replied by TheLadyMagenta on topic Re:epilepsy
I can well believe it blue hun. My stepdad was epileptic and used to have severe facial muscle spasms during them. His jaw would bolt forward out of joint and his forhead swelled to near neanderthal proportions and while it always went away it scared us so badly. He lives alone now but still hates this thing he percieves as an abnormality in him. Thats so silly i could throttle him we love him to bits and he raised me from a baby but i know how it can get you down. HUGS x

More
15 years 8 months ago #7327 by bluepeter
Replied by bluepeter on topic Re:epilepsy
:P i know it can be bad having fits,only if they can found somethink to stop it for once and all,i was ask to have head op i told them no one is cuting my brian,i;m going leaf my body to epilepsy hospital so they can found out what start them.peter

More
14 years 5 months ago #29094 by bluepeter
Replied by bluepeter on topic Re:epilepsy
HI,WHEN I WAS 3YRS I WAS SENT TO LINGFIELD HOSPITAL SCHOOL FOR EPILEPSY IN LINGFIELD SURRY I COME HOME 3 TIMES YEAR FOR HOLIDAYS BUT WAS THERE TILL I WAS 10 HALF YEARS OLD ON 16 TABLETS ADAY THIS WAS THE BABBY SITTER WHO SHUT ME IN UNDER STAIRS LOCK ME IN WHILE MY MUM WENT UP HOSPITAL MY DAD WAS IN RAF AT TIME SO HE WAS NOT THERE AT TIME,WHEN MUM COME BACK BABBY SITTER WAS GONE MUM FOUND ME UNDER STAIRS HAVING MY FIRST FIT WHEN I COME HOME FOR GOOD FROM HOSPITAL ALL I WANTED TRACK HER DOWN DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING DO OR SAY BUT IT WAS,T TILL I WAS IN MY 20S I FOUND HER IN NEXT STREET TO ME SO I WENT THERE BUT DID,T TELL HER WHO I WAS AS I THOUGHT TO MY SELF GOD PAID HER BACK FR ME AS SHE ENDER UP IN WHEELCHAIR I WAS SO ANGER AT TIME BUT NOW I THINK SHE DONE ME FAV IN ONE WAY AS WOULD NOT FOUND MY WIFE THEN WAS 27 HAD GO TH CHALFONT CENTRE IN BUCKINSHIRE FOR EPILEPSY THE FRIENDS I MET AND GOT BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF EPILEPSY,I WOULD NOT TELL ANY ONE OR WHEN I GOT JOB I DID.T TELL THEM AS IN 70S THEY USE SAY IT WAS DO WITH WITCH OR DEVIL BUT NOWYEARS PAST FAST AND MORE THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE BY EPILEPSY ACTION TO BE ABLE UNDERSTAND EPILEPSY MORE AND MORE NOW,BLUEPETER:laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #29103 by Pinky2
Replied by Pinky2 on topic Re:epilepsy
I've had my epilepsy since age 15. I was in the swimming pool when I had my first seizure. The wall of pool was on my left & hit my head above my ear. Boy did I get a big bump! I think I got my Epilepsy from my Cerebral Palsy which I was born with. But when I hit my head as time went on I had trouble with my hearing. Now I wear a hearing aid. Still take my meds for the seizures.

More
14 years 5 months ago #29104 by Pinky2
Replied by Pinky2 on topic Re:epilepsy
I've had my epilepsy since age 15. I was in the swimming pool when I had my first seizure. The wall of pool was on my left & hit my head above my ear. Boy did I get a big bump! I think I got my Epilepsy from my Cerebral Palsy which I was born with. But when I hit my head as time went on I had trouble with my hearing. Now I wear a hearing aid. Still take my meds for the seizures.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds