logolong

What country offer more respect to disabled?

More
13 years 1 month ago #34240 by Karl
does the people in USA respect disabled people more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34258 by Kanga
yes for sure Karl.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34259 by BUBBADOG14
I agree with Kanga, a big YES!! My husband & I where blown away at the way they treated us from leaving the plane door!! yes!!!! the plane door! They had my wheelchair waiting for me as I hobbled off the plane.And they fast tracked us through the airport to the coach which was a disabled coach! Lifted on (in my chair) hubby sat next to me in a seat, off 1st at port to cruise ship, wheelchair CARRIED! on to ship,I felt like an eypitian queen!!:lol: The Americans totally made me change my mind about them!We used to think they where all mindless idiots or gun toting thugs!Now we have alot of respect for them and we are definatly going to come back oneday!

More
11 years 1 month ago #47296 by Grandma7
I would love to go on a cruise like that! am a bit scared of going abroad, due to disabilities. It's hard enough in England. We usually go away with Age Concern twice a year, and they are very helpful and choose disabled friendly hotels, but we have to go where they choose to go. I would like to be able to venture further afield, as George has some disabilities as well.

More
10 years 9 months ago #48302 by clivee
I would like to think that UK offers more respect but then people like Collin Brewer, Cornwall County Councillor says publicly that disabled children should be put down like deformed lambs! Outrageous! I regularly blog on issues of disability and attitudes, take a look at tinyurl.com/k9xme78 if you would like to read my musings.

More
10 years 9 months ago #48309 by bohonk
On a recent trip to Jamaica,I witnessed first hand the DIFFERENCE of lifestyles available for the disabled/wheelchair person. Although the Jamaican people are WONDERFUL, their society simply does Not have the monitary funds or training to compare to many other countries.
While there, I had a small incident that needed some stitches( E.R.) (O.M.G.) DO NOT GO !

The point to remember,,Every country and every person is going to find that "thing"

p.s. Don't try para-sailing in a wheelchair..lol

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds