logolong

new pubs and wheelchair access

More
12 years 3 months ago #42060 by BUBBADOG14
You should get a load of disabled locals and do a demonstration outside the pub get radio and t.v reporters involved that would show the bitch up!! :laugh:

Bet the beer is crap in there any how so you wouldn't be missing anything!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #42928 by Karl
Part 3 of lennys and the final chapter

I went in Lennys a few more weeks after the landlady was really rude to me.
On the 21st January, I went into Lenny’s bar with my friends, I waited outside and my friend went inside and up to the bar and she asked the barmaid if they had a ramp for a wheelchair, no, said the barmaid and didn’t offer to help me in. I saw Kelly in the pub but she didn’t come over and give me an update on the ramp situation. I thought she was very unprofessional as she is the landlady.

On the 11th February, I went into Lenny’s bar with a friend, and again she couldn’t get me in so two customers had to lift my wheelchair over the massive step. I asked the barman about a ramp, he said they are getting one. I went in the disabled toilet and they are using it as a store room again as the disabled toilet had a huge television and portable cooker.

On the 16th February, a friend handed in a 5 page letter addressed to Lee Radford the owner of the pub (ex Hull FC player), the letter talked about the rude landlady and not having a ramp and pointing out they are breaking the law and I will take them to court if they don’t get a ramp within 28 days.

The next day, I had 2 worried faces at my front door, Lee Radford and his business partner Andy Wotts. They did not believe me how rude Kelly the landlady was to me. They said ok, we will get her side of the story.
Regarding the ramp, they said we didn’t know we were breaking the law and the council approved us to start trading. However, now we know we are breaking the law, we will buy a portable ramp.

Andy gave me his contact details and he said to contact him if I have any more problems and finally he said what do you want for compensation, I said, just a pint! I am not in it for the money, I just want wheelchair access and to be respected. I haven’t seen the landlady anymore, maybe she doesn’t work weekends these days.

Now I got wheelchair access with the portable ramp! A hard victory but well worth it.

More
12 years 1 month ago #42936 by BUBBADOG14
Great news at last!! But it's pretty poor how a person will not take the word of a fellow human being that a ramp is needed! I know if I was the Brewery I would fire her as a land lady for being so rude and unproffesional in a job where your dealing with the able bodied & disabled public on a daily basses.
I hope you get your pint!!

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds