logolong

Battling with Social Services about your care

More
8 years 6 days ago #61320 by Karl

ladyship wrote: Yeah keep battling on Karl. i'd try this site www.disabilityrightsuk.org/independent-living-links
for info to help with respite and help for your carers. i mean at 79, your mom can't be lifting you. can she??

I have a hoist to lift me. Thanks for the links. I can't find a clear law saying I should get respite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 days ago #61364 by ladyship
www.disabilityrightsuk.org/assessment-pr...arers-under-care-act

It seems your MOM needs to request an assessment to assess the impact on caring on her. I know moms can be reluctant but the request has to come from her.
So I'd encourage her strongly - that way you both get a break

More
8 years 31 minutes ago #61382 by Karl

ladyship wrote: www.disabilityrightsuk.org/assessment-pr...arers-under-care-act

It seems your MOM needs to request an assessment to assess the impact on caring on her. I know moms can be reluctant but the request has to come from her.
So I'd encourage her strongly - that way you both get a break

We both had assesment 4 months ago.

More
7 years 11 months ago #61387 by ladyship
thats good. sure I don't need to tell you (you seem clued up) but keep phoning them for a result. They do tend to drag their feet...

More
7 years 11 months ago #61389 by BUBBADOG14
I'm very persistent if I don't hear anything for more than 8 weeks!! I'm on that phone chasing things up! I think it's the old Estate Agent in me because if didn't hear any feed back about a viewing of a house within 2 weeks we are on that phone chasing it up. I haven't worked in 20yrs and it's still ingrained in me!! :ohmy:

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds