logolong

How should wheelchair accessible facilities be denoted?

More
6 years 3 months ago #67186 by calgal1077
I have the opportunity to have a hand in updating a list of meetings for a fellowship I belong to. Some of our facilities are not wheelchair accessible. On the schedule, I believe the default should be that they are not wheelchair accessible, and the ones that are wheelchair accessible should be denoted with a "W." Their is a group of people who disagree with me, saying the default should be that they are all wheelchair accessible, and the ones that are not wheelchair accessible presumably will be marked "NW."

Which would you prefer in looking at such a meeting schedule?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #67187 by BUBBADOG14
I think that wheelchair accessible places should have the Wheelchair sign as it's know round the world and non-wheelchair accessible places should have the wheelchair sign with a diagonal line through it. That way it's understandable to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calgal1077

More
6 years 3 months ago #67203 by themagician1892
no disrespect but being accessable or not isnt by choice, take listed buildings here in the UK, if it is a listed building it doesnt have to be wheelchair accessable if the owner of the building chooses not to have any changes
The following user(s) said Thank You: calgal1077

More
6 years 3 months ago #67210 by BUBBADOG14
I do understand that as my husband is a carpenter and has been doing accessible ramps for entry for shops and social buildings (i.e pubs, ect) but all buildings like listed buildings should have a removable ramp that can be put against entrance so wheelchairs can enter the building. My husband's Company he works for has been making a loads of the temporary ramps as we have lots of listed buildings in the County we live in.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds