logolong

Mousie, my furry caregiver

More
14 years 4 months ago #29197 by DCMerkle
Hi All,
I love animals. I have had all sorts in my life or lived with all sorts. Right now the only animal I have is Mousie. She's a snow-footed, siamese tabby cat. She's about 7 years old now. I've had her since she was about 8 weeks old.

She's always with me. She follows me from room to room. Always sleeps with me on my bed and will cuddle up against me when I am ready to sleep. She knows when I'm not having a good night. She knows when I am in pain. I'll be sitting up in my bed, with my knees drawn up under my chin waiting for the pain meds to take effect and she'll come up next to me and very carefully place her paws on my arms. She'll reach up with one of her paws and gently pull my hair away from my face to get a look at my face. She has such a caring look in her eyes. She makes the pain ease for just those few moments. She really makes my nights a little more bearable.

She's also my guard kitty. When I have to have home health aids come to change the bandages on my legs, she'll sit on the bed, very close to my legs. I had one nurse that was afraid of cats and thought that Mousie was going to attack her. After I assured the nurse that was not the problem and told her that all Mousie wanted to do was check out her medial bag, then everything was just fine. It got to the point that the nurse would just open up her bag and step back from the bed. Mousie would stick her head in the bag, nose around a little bit and then look up at the nuse like she was saying, \"Okay, it all checks out. You can go ahead.\" Mousie would then walk up to the top of the bed and sit behind me on the pillows to watch.

I know that people have dogs and I love them too, and you'll sing the praises of your canine friends, but I just had to tell you about my feline caregiver, Mousie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #33297 by brett
Replied by brett on topic Re:Mousie, my furry caregiver
aw that's nice - my cat 'muffie\" is good company - just so long as one remembers that cats don't have owners they have staff !!:laugh:

she is a rescue cat ( students had her and could not keep her -so i took her on )- good mouse catcher to boot - so earns her place

not too certain about which way the care giving go's :whistle:<br><br>Post edited by: brett, at: 2011/01/20 21:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds