You drive Lexie crazy
And yet at a guess
Perhaps she invites it
Maybe more maybe less

But no-one would hurt you
I know for a start
Because both of you wubbles

Are deep in my heart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #30158 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Ode for Pereg
my wee misty died last friday she was nearly 16 yrs old bless her
I thought she worked around us but it was the opposite we worked around her
it is very lonly and quiet in are home with out her :( :(

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #30159 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ode for Pereg
Oh ducky, I am so sorry. At least I still had Pereg treating me as her servant when little Lexie died.

Someone sent me the following after Lexie died, and I hope nobody is offended if I repeat it here.

\"Prayers for our lost fur babies'

G-d, full of love, dwelling in the spirit of all life, may the spirit of Lexie [and now Misty] be accepted into your love. By the merit of her love, may her spirit live on in the love of all life.

Our G-d and G-d of our ancestors, Creator of the universe which You filled with the wonders of life, You have brought forth diverse living creatures and endowed us with the ability to love them, care for them, and be comforted by them.

I thank you for the life of my pet, a constant and loyal companion who shared my home and my love.

At the same time I grieve the loss of my beloved pet, I give You thanks for the miracle of life and the wonder of the love and companionship we shared.

O Lord our G-d, we come before You this day in sadness. Lexie, who brought me so much joy in life, has now died. I am grateful to You for creating Lexie, for entrusting her to my care, and for sustaining her in my love for a measure of time.

I understand that all that lives must die. I knew that this day would come. And yet, O G-d, I would have wanted one more day of play, one more evening of love with my little Lexie.

As I took care of Lexie in life, I ask that You watch over her [and now Misty] in death.

May we care for all Your creatures, for every living thing, as we protected the blessed life of Lexie and all our fur babies. May their memory bless our lives with love and caring forever.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #30160 by
Replied by on topic Re:Ode for Pereg
ducky - this also might help you in your grief:

\"The Rainbow Bridge\"

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together....

More
13 years 11 months ago #30161 by Christine
Replied by Christine on topic Re:Ode for Pereg
Ducky,I am so sorry on your loss xx
Gandra,Rainbow Bridge is so beautiful-thank you for sharing that-it brought a lump to my throat xx

More
13 years 11 months ago #30180 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Ode for Pereg
thank you Gandra and christine for your messages
I am not offended gandra by the poems they are lovly I am a christian and belive in god
we all belive in somthink even athists they belive in no religion so that in its self is a belive lol
xxxx

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds